Bill Kenwright

Kenwright sold anything that wasn't nailed down, including our training ground, in order to keep control for long enough to find the best buyer of Everton football club. The best buyer for Kenwright that is.

THIS.

It's incredible that people cannot see it and blame everyone but Kenwright. The Kaiser Soze of football chairmen. I used to feel sorry for villa with Ellis at the helm. But Mr Everton is on another level.

It's been coming since 2016.

Before that we were always in control of finances. The budget was tight obviously but Kenwright worked with the manager and pulled rabbits out of hats. That's how it should be.

I'm no Kenwright luvvie - he should have gone a few years ago for his own health if nothing else - but this has only been coming since the man at the top was completely out of control and decided to throw money that wasn't ours about on nothing. That only happened in the Moshiri era.

You do realise we were in debt up to our eyeballs well before Moshiri bought the club off Bill. Bill had sold everything that wasn't nailed down, we were 2 years in hock with our season tickets and Moshiri paid up our debts Bill had run up to get us a clean slate. Covid, recession Wars, loss of our main sponsor and actually building a new stadium, not just talking about it.
The mistakes Moshiri made are many, but the main one for me was keeping the old, stale regime on, instead of a new broom, fresh start with professionals.

It was a terrible decision for him to sell to Moshiri, granted.

That will always be a black mark on him but he wasn't to know the extent of how insane Moshiri is and how much of a mere puppet he was for Usmanov, any more than the blues who were singing about having loads of money when the Iranian cancer took over.
Probably Philip Green, friend of Everton. Can't see where Blue Billy Boy amassed the funds from to own that many.
Everything was in hock to someone else.
Sure I read around the time that Pip 'got his money back'.
Again both off these parasites where brought to Everton by Kenwright he pimped us out to keep hold off train set

Least it’s not the venkys they said.

It was a terrible decision for him to sell to Moshiri, granted.

That will always be a black mark on him but he wasn't to know the extent of how insane Moshiri is and how much of a mere puppet he was for Usmanov, any more than the blues who were singing about having loads of money when the Iranian cancer took over were.
I think BK knew 100% who was behind Moshiri. You don't get into bed with someone at that level without due diligence. His mate DD at Arsenal will also have known about them. Either that or he turned a blind eye.

The absolute gall of him dying before being made to face the music on this. Bill's ego knew no bounds. This should be etched on his gravestone.

WILLIAM KENWRIGHT
1945-2003
Father, Grandfather, Partner
-10 POINTS UNDER HIS LEADERSHIP
GOOD TIMES FOREVER​

I think it’s a slight coincidence to say the least that this unprecedented points deduction gets handed out weeks after he has passed.

I’m still confused how Man City have been charged with similar things but it’s seemingly stuck in red tape, whereas our points deduction was absolutely immediate!! Makes you wonder if they wanted to do it a lot earlier but Kenwrights high flying mates just held off until he’d gone.

It's been coming since 2016.

Before that we were always in control of finances. The budget was tight obviously but Kenwright worked with the manager and pulled rabbits out of hats. That's how it should be.

I'm no Kenwright luvvie - he should have gone a few years ago for his own health if nothing else - but this has only been coming since the man at the top was completely out of control and decided to throw money that wasn't ours about on nothing. That only happened in the Moshiri era.
Were we?