Bill Kenwright

It absolutely was….one of the most overrated players to almost achieve mythical legend status at the club. The guy was constantly injured and didn’t have the best disciplinary record when (e played, but because he kissed the badge, some fans seemed to love. You look at our peers (or at least they used to be) and their loved former players had consistently delivered, he hadn’t.

I presume you never went to the match when Duncan played? At a time when we were the pits he embodied a bit of fight and grit (like we are now but at least then it was a novelty and we thought of ourselves as a big club still). He was absolutely a legend for many who followed the club at that time. I absolutely loved him.

It absolutely was….one of the most overrated players to almost achieve mythical legend status at the club. The guy was constantly injured and didn’t have the best disciplinary record when (e played, but because he kissed the badge, some fans seemed to love. You look at our peers (or at least they used to be) and their loved former players had consistently delivered, he hadn’t.

Dunc had fire in his belly and wore his heart on his sleeve and we loved him for it. But he was never even close to the quality that you'd look for in a top 4 team, and by 1999 his powers had already begun to wane. Newcastle's £8m investment got them only 8 league goals, two of them in his debut game. After his return to the Toffees Ferguson managed a further 23 goals over 6 seasons.

In terms of ability and skill I’d say he was under rated if anything, in part due to his fitness and discipline issues.
At a time when we were pretty garbage, he at least gave us something to get behind in the absence of tangible success (cup win notwithstanding).
Think he’s largely (not exclusively) considered a hero / legend for his attitude and kind of embodying how a lot of fans think they would want to play / be perceived.
I like him, consider him a bit of an Everton hero and for the time he played, one of the few things to get excited about.
I’m glad BK brought him back.

I’m just waiting for his ghost to start haunting us like in Scrooge he will have chains dangling holding all his Arteta money
I have no doubt that that Arteta money will go towards an absolutely massive diamond encrusted, 24 carat solid gold headstone.

RIP Bill. Hope we get another clean sheet and victory for you tomorrow!

I presume you never went to the match when Duncan played? At a time when we were the pits he embodied a bit of fight and grit (like we are now but at least then it was a novelty and we thought of ourselves as a big club still). He was absolutely a legend for many who followed the club at that time. I absolutely loved him.
Well that’s the difference between you and me….I didn’t love him….I want genuinely good footballers playing for us. On his day he was unplayable, but there were too few days.

Dunc had fire in his belly and wore his heart on his sleeve and we loved him for it. But he was never even close to the quality that you'd look for in a top 4 team, and by 1999 his powers had already begun to wane. Newcastle's £8m investment got them only 8 league goals, two of them in his debut game. After his return to the Toffees Ferguson managed a further 23 goals over 6 seasons.
This in bold. On the one hand some fans bemoan the fact we haven’t won anything for years and on the other laud him like he was an amazing player. On his day he was greet, and yes he genuinely cared for the club, so I can see the appeal for some, but he was overrated Simply because he was nowhere near consistent.

Well that’s the difference between you and me….I didn’t love him….I want genuinely good footballers playing for us. On his day he was unplayable, but there were too few days.

Did you see him play? He had plenty of class but injuries did for him. As a youngster he went for top money. But he had a heart and that's why the fans loved him.