Bill Kenwright

Very moving. Just felt so sorry for his daughter and Jenny Seagrove. They must be going through absolute hell at present.

Might not have agreed with everything Bill did but you can't deny he did what he thought was best for the club we all love.
The first part. Absolutely right. Hopefully the pain of loss passes relatively quickly for them.

The second part, you're absolutely bloody miles off target. (unless of course he was genuinely delusional rather than egotistical. I suspect not)
With respect to you, I disagree with that. If that was the case I don’t think he would of been a custodian for as long as he was or even half that has transpired here over the years would of happened.

In my opinion it reeked of self interest and ego for years and quite frankly I grew tired of it over a decade ago and ended up not going to matches anymore because I was gutted at what the club had turned into, it felt more like a close knit social club that looked after each other’s self interests with some kindness to others thrown in and anything remotely beyond that on the pitch such as finishing 8th or 6th was lauded as a huge bonus rather than a genuinely competitive football club first and foremost which is what in my opinion big clubs are supposed to be, it’s what makes them big and grows a support base.
Thank you, saved me the effort of typing it out.
Yes Peter Johnson! He left us in a right mess
He really didn't. His business took a huge hit and he got out before the club was covering his company losses.

Compare that to BK who didn't spend a penny of his own money, borrowed his stake off a mate and his wife, then screwed that couple over when they offered to front the KD 30 mil.

All these warm a fuzzy stories about Biill have been nice to read, but let's not forget, he was a selfish, nasty prick when it suited him.
It absolutely was….one of the most overrated players to almost achieve mythical legend status at the club. The guy was constantly injured and didn’t have the best disciplinary record when (e played, but because he kissed the badge, some fans seemed to love. You look at our peers (or at least they used to be) and their loved former players had consistently delivered, he hadn’t.
Duncan is the perfect example of how far we've fallen. Given legend status despite only showing flashes of quality.

If I did a top 20 players of the last 50 years he's not even under consideration.

Legend? Lol.

The first part. Absolutely right. Hopefully the pain of loss passes relatively quickly for them.

The second part, you're absolutely bloody miles off target. (unless of course he was genuinely delusional rather than egotistical. I suspect not)

He really didn't. His business took a huge hit and he got out before the club was covering his company losses.

Compare that to BK who didn't spend a penny of his own money, borrowed his stake off a mate and his wife, then screwed that couple over when they offered to front the KD 30 mil.

All these warm a fuzzy stories about Biill have been nice to read, but let's not forget, he was a selfish, nasty prick when it suited him.

Duncan is the perfect example of how far we've fallen. Given legend status despite only showing flashes of quality.

If I did a top 20 players of the last 50 years he's not even under consideration.

Legend? Lol.
giphy.webp

Did you see him play? He had plenty of class but injuries did for him. As a youngster he went for top money. But he had a heart and that's why the fans loved him.
Yes of course I saw him play. I don’t doubt he had heart and loved the club, hence his disciplinary record wasn’t great when he did play as he showed too much heart snd you touch upon it yourself there injuries did for him, yet he seems to be a fan favourite, I prefer my legends to have achieved more. Dean, Latchford, Sharp etc.

Legend? Lol.
Absolutely. Really Don’t get some fans fascination with him just because he kisses the badge. 73 goals in 12 years across two spells. He had potential yes, but never fulfilled it for whatever reason. Compare him to our peers and their fan favourites or legends….those players have scored career goals that are in the hundreds. He went to Newcastle for good money but was less than two years there…shows you what they thought of him.

What he thought was right for the club and what was actually right for the club are/were a million miles apart.
Not disagreeing with that but he held out for a billionaire and we can't complain about the amount of money we have spent under Moshiri. Nobody could have seen us spending so much money so badly so often. He didn't set out to deliberately harm the club, I agree he should have gone years ago but there have been far worse chairman around other clubs than Bill

Out of respect I think we should do

1 minutes applause
Then 1 minutes silence
Followed by 1 minute of vigorous booing
Ending with a 1 minute dance sequence from CATS

All bases covered then

Whatever is decided the best thing to do, let's abide by that tonight and like @Mikey_Fitzgerald mentioned, don't give anyone the chance to tarnish the reputation of Evertonians any more than it has been since Headlockgate
It's what I'd want at my funeral.

Not disagreeing with that but he held out for a billionaire and we can't complain about the amount of money we have spent under Moshiri. Nobody could have seen us spending so much money so badly so often. He didn't set out to deliberately harm the club, I agree he should have gone years ago but there have been far worse chairman around other clubs than Bill
He held out for billionaire who would let him remain as Chairman and have some influence

Have held back on offering my thoughts and have watered down my original post. Reasoned myself paid my respects Wednesday, as a man and all accounts a good man has died and attached to that is natural suffering of those he leaves behind. Which is sad!

However, he was chairperson of the club i support and in that role i cannot credit him with much, as his overriding mission statement after Peter Johnson debacle was never could Everton be in at the position again.

Well Bill Kenwright you left us in a dire position both financially and as going football concern is in doubt with points deduction still possible. Bigger in magnitude than Peter Johnson tenure.

All your good work and there is some such as Eitc could be gone very quickly thanks to your continuing ability as Chairperson. Not a legacy I envisioned or promised when you began at Everton!

I have to ask, he was evidently a poorly man and death was expected " died peacefully surrounded by family", why on earth was he allowed to continue in position?

I have to ask, he was evidently a poorly man and death was expected " died peacefully surrounded by family", why on earth was he allowed to continue in position?
I suspect for that very reason. Moshiri seems to have genuinely liked and respected him, and with hindsight we can see that it was only a short matter of time for him to remain as Chairman, whilst Moshiri had already decided to get out.

Yes of course I saw him play. I don’t doubt he had heart and loved the club, hence his disciplinary record wasn’t great when he did play as he showed too much heart snd you touch upon it yourself there injuries did for him, yet he seems to be a fan favourite, I prefer my legends to have achieved more. Dean, Latchford, Sharp etc.

Latchford 0 trophies
Ferguson 1 trophy

Id say Ferguson achieved more.