Bill Kenwright

Very moving. Just felt so sorry for his daughter and Jenny Seagrove. They must be going through absolute hell at present.

Might not have agreed with everything Bill did but you can't deny he did what he thought was best for the club we all love.

With respect to you, I disagree with that. If that was the case I don’t think he would of been a custodian for as long as he was or even half that has transpired here over the years would of happened.

In my opinion it reeked of self interest and ego for years and quite frankly I grew tired of it over a decade ago and ended up not going to matches anymore because I was gutted at what the club had turned into, it felt more like a close knit social club that looked after each other’s self interests with some kindness to others thrown in and anything remotely beyond that on the pitch such as finishing 8th or 6th was lauded as a huge bonus rather than a genuinely competitive football club first and foremost which is what in my opinion big clubs are supposed to be, it’s what makes them big and grows a support base.

I feel like the club has began it's healing process following last night.

Will be long but irrespective of why, BK not being in situ at the football club should allow for greater unity.

Obviously my thoughts are and have been with his family.
I thought the inclusion of Joe Royle for the wreath laying was a good move…no-one is going to boo Joe and people can claim their applause was for Joe and/or Bill Kenwright so everyone’s honour is satsified.

As a man of a certain age the fragrant Jenny Seagrove would always get a warm hand from me…

He left us debt free, with all our assets and our last trophy in the bag as I remember.
I don't ever remember feeling like Everton were a small club under Johnson. Admittedly , we were absolutely crap in the 90s but we still felt like a big club. Its hard to describe, but as poor as we were, I'm not sure that was the start of the rot.

Under kenwright it felt different from day 1. Even in our "successful" Moyes years, it felt like plucky little Everton and we didn't really deserve to be at the top table.