Bill Kenwright

At the end of the day football doesn’t really matter when it comes to this. A family has lost a father, grandfather, husband, friend and we as an Everton family have lost a fellow Evertonian and gentleman. Thoughts are with his family and friends. Whatever has gone on between him and the fans is irrelevant right now and we as a fan base should be respectful of him and his family at this time.
Rest in peace Bill
This.

Kenwright is a divisive figure that over the years has made more and more people swing to a position that think poorly about him so it isn't a surprise. Life isn't all sweetness and light, he's a man who has lived a large portion of his days a wealthy and privileged existence, a lot of that coming from working class Evertonians.

People saying they won't say what they really think is being respectful. I haven't seen anyone celebrate this rumour of his passing.
I agree that he was a divisive figure. I wrote many times that I doubt he held any power since Moshiri came in. Yes bit of influence, but what the billionaire owner wants the billionaire owner gets.
I think the dynamic between him and Moyes deserves a lot of credit. People arguing that we fell behind in that period are not really capable of looking at the changes in football during that period. We were competing with billionaire owners and we struggled to make ends meet. Despite that we enjoyed a decade of seasons of being competitive, pushing for Europe, and had a couple of visits to Europe. No trophy, but it was always a team I could get behind and enjoy. That has been lost since Moshiri came in.

In the end, he probably held on too long, got caught up in, how the club has been run in recent years. Whatever side of the fence you sit with Kenwright, he should have taken himself out of the firing line sooner just because he became the news story.

The key fact of the matter is that Kenwright wasnt rich enough to invest any more money, but I think he ran the club the right way when it was his to run. Financially prudent, good value signings, when we sold, we sold for a profit. We were always classy in our community work, in our Hillsborough support, charity and memorial efforts.

He showed time and time again that he was a decent man.

The blame lies with Moshiri as far as I’m concerned. The amount of money squandered is simply ridiculous, especially when we could have easily been challenging if it was spent wisely.

Neatly ignoring the multiple years when Moyes was provided with no money to improve the team, despite money coming into the club via tv money and respectable finishing positions.
That represents a failure of leadership.
He didn’t begin the decline but he did nothing to arrest it .

Let’s not be silly on either side of the viewpoint eh?
It is merely a moniker for a stage show, not many actually believe it. It would be alright for the mogul, at least better than naming a stand after him because of everything. The greatest evertonian deserves a place amongst the fans not above us.