Bill Kenwright

It’s playing out exactly how he wants it, like an episode of Corrie were everyone thinks the baddie is dead an everyone is relieved for them to turn back up and everyone is shocked. Get everyone excited he’s going then start leaking ‘well the club needs his expertise for the transfer window’ no we don’t just lash the fat blob in the Mersey and be done with it.

It’s playing out exactly how he wants it, like an episode of Corrie were everyone thinks the baddie is dead an everyone is relieved for them to turn back up and everyone is shocked. Get everyone excited he’s going then start leaking ‘well the club needs his expertise for the transfer window’ no we don’t just lash the fat blob in the Mersey and be done with it.
I think he’s accepted his tale is a tragic one now.

Like all the best musicals.

He’ll secretly be happy with that. Going out with a melancholic self-pity.

Baby if you've got to go away
Don't think I can take the pain
Won't you stay another day?

🎶

If this world is wearing thin
And you're thinking of escape
I'll go anywhere with you
Just wrap me up in chains
But if you try to go alone
Don't think I'll understand
Stay with me
Stay with me

Time to go Bill...

That outgoing statement from the board was farcical. Pîtiful to say they're proud of our commercial growth when we have the worst commercial growth in the entire league.

Baby if you've got to go away
Don't think I can take the pain
Won't you stay another day?

🎶

If this world is wearing thin
And you're thinking of escape
I'll go anywhere with you
Just wrap me up in chains
But if you try to go alone
Don't think I'll understand
Stay with me
Stay with me
Sell now
Billy we want you to go away
don't want no more of your pain
won't you call it all a day...

His position had become untenable and he knew it. One thing I think he'll be hoping is that by going now there's enough time for the dust to settle before the opening ceremony for BMD and I expect he'll be there in some capacity.