Bill Kenwright

Certainly someone that cares a lot about everton...that has made great calls such as appointing moyes as well as some key transfers but also terrible decisions such as not going with the city owners when they were looking at buying a club or missing out on the echo arena...I guess nobody is perfect and has tried his best and sometime you need a bit of luck along the way, something we have been missing for many years now. I don't mind him and obviously he is very knowledgeable in dealing with other clubs in relation to transfers...we certainly can have a better chairman but also very easy to get a worst one...
Does he really care a lot about Everton though? If he did he would have effed off about 20 effing years ago! Only Satan himself would be a worse chairman than Kenwright imo.

I'll never slag Kenwright off. I remember one night in Autumn 1995 when I was working in Stockport, and I went along to the small Garrick Theatre near where I was working to check out a rock musical about the whole Arthurian legend thing - which sounds cheesy, but was alright in its own way. Anyhow, Kenwright was there, checking it out in case it was worth looking at a West End treatment (it wasn't!), and I got talking to him about the recent cup final etc. I liked him, and when I took my seat it turned out by sheer coincidence that he was sat next to me, so I ended up taking to him quite a bit.

No matter whatever else you could say about him, the impression I took away was of a genuine man who absolutely loved all things EFC. I was in no doubt that had he not been on the board he would have been in the ground anyway.

I don't care about winning things with a bunch of hired hands and mercenaries, I'll leave that to the shower across the park. I want us to win things, of course - but I will never, ever criticise someone, in these days of the soulless and eviscerated game we see so much, who has his heart and soul invested in the club and who wants that success as much as the fans do.

Everton, that. And I'm proud to stand by that belief.
Yeah he loved Everton so much he sold the club to an Iranian conman and his dodgy Putin loving friend, just because he was the only potential buyer who'd allow him to stay on as chairman.

Your friend has destroyed this club, and his name will be cursed and reviled by the vast majority of Everton fans for decades and generations to come.

I'll never slag Kenwright off. I remember one night in Autumn 1995 when I was working in Stockport, and I went along to the small Garrick Theatre near where I was working to check out a rock musical about the whole Arthurian legend thing - which sounds cheesy, but was alright in its own way. Anyhow, Kenwright was there, checking it out in case it was worth looking at a West End treatment (it wasn't!), and I got talking to him about the recent cup final etc. I liked him, and when I took my seat it turned out by sheer coincidence that he was sat next to me, so I ended up taking to him quite a bit.

No matter whatever else you could say about him, the impression I took away was of a genuine man who absolutely loved all things EFC. I was in no doubt that had he not been on the board he would have been in the ground anyway.

I don't care about winning things with a bunch of hired hands and mercenaries, I'll leave that to the shower across the park. I want us to win things, of course - but I will never, ever criticise someone, in these days of the soulless and eviscerated game we see so much, who has his heart and soul invested in the club and who wants that success as much as the fans do.

Everton, that. And I'm proud to stand by that belief.
Tell a little story about the man youll never slag
Dad had been a season ticket holder for years then a steward for years. A chance meeting at goodison dad bumped into Kenwright pleasantries exchanged dad asked about signings lack of success . 5 days later dad got a letter thank you for services but no longer required.

Tell a little story about the man youll never slag
Dad had been a season ticket holder for years then a steward for years. A chance meeting at goodison dad bumped into Kenwright pleasantries exchanged dad asked about signings lack of success . 5 days later dad got a letter thank you for services but no longer required.

Well, to be fair, I can only speak as I find - I met him, spoke at length with him and I found him be seemingly a very genuine guy with an abiding love for the club.

Now, of course, he could have been a lying charlatan who completely fooled me, or things might have changed in the 27 or so years since that particular meeting. Either way, I can only relate the impression I got first hand...

Well, to be fair, I can only speak as I find - I met him, spoke at length with him and I found him be seemingly a very genuine guy with an abiding love for the club.

Now, of course, he could have been a lying charlatan who completely fooled me, or things might have changed in the 27 or so years since that particular meeting. Either way, I can only relate the impression I got first hand...

First impressions can be so deceiving....

Actions speak louder than words….it may have been a nice conversation -he’s done nothing for us at all since 1995 and has held the club back to the point that we are now irrelevant other than a few headlines and column inches we will get if we’re relegated.

You can be a good person and not good at your job though. You can love the club but not be a good chairman. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

The club has gone back hugely while he has been owner or chairman. For me that's the only thing that matters. He needs to let someone else try to move the club forward.

I’m sure Bill is lovely if you happen to be in tune to his fantasy land of being Everton Football Club’s saviour. I’m not so sure that he remains that way if you have the temerity to suggest otherwise, that he isn’t the best thing since sliced bread, and that his ownership of Everton has actually done far more harm than good.