Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is an underestimation of how people will react to this potential news.

I was never a Bill Kenwright fan like many others but I would never wish illness on anyone, like I suspect the vast majority on here will do. You may get the odd idiot and I assume the mods/dan will soon stamp them out and boot them into next week.

Regardless of whatever you think of him from an 'Everton' perspective. As mentiioned, this is someones friend, family, dad, grandad. He is a blue regardless of whether the "football politics" and that is always a sad day when a blue passes away.
Spot on this m8!👏👏

Really sad for his family and loved ones and thoughts go out to them.

Personally, I’m not looking forward to the media coverage saying how good he was for the club, as it’s arguably untrue.

As someone has said here, it is sad that he spent his last years continuing to work for the club when he should have been resting and spending that time with his nearest and dearest.

I think there is an underestimation of how people will react to this potential news.

I was never a Bill Kenwright fan like many others but I would never wish illness on anyone, like I suspect the vast majority on here will do. You may get the odd idiot and I assume the mods/dan will soon stamp them out and boot them into next week.

Regardless of whatever you think of him from an 'Everton' perspective. As mentiioned, this is someones friend, family, dad, grandad. He is a blue regardless of whether the "football politics" and that is always a sad day when a blue passes away.

I think it's self defeating to peddle scenarios that haven't played out. There's no benefit to these type of posts - I mean, when I go, I hope a % of responses aren't predicting others will say bad things. That alone is bad. Our community here accurately represents Evertonians as one of the best fanbases in world football, and if one or two do let themselves/the site down - we have a great bunch of moderators who'll act without the need to prompt - as you acknowledged.

Perhaps we can knock the posts that are predicting how the fanbase will react on the head and just concentrate on our own posts ;)

I think it's self defeating to peddle scenarios that haven't played out. There's no benefit to these type of posts - I mean, when I go, I hope a % of responses aren't predicting others will say bad things. That alone is bad. Our community here accurately represents Evertonians as one of the best fanbases in world football, and if one or two do let themselves/the site down - we have a great bunch of moderators who'll act without the need to prompt - as you acknowledged.

Perhaps we can knock the posts that are predicting how the fanbase will react on the head and just concentrate on our own posts ;)
I cannot tell if you were disapproving of my post or not!

I wasn't so much predicting, just reminding that whenever something happens with Everton, or you know what, the city as a whole, Everton fans are an absolute credit the club and the city. I will always remember watching Kenwright's speech infront of the kop at one of the Hillsborough memorials. While it may have been rare I remember him representing Everton as a club, as a people very, very well.

I do suspect if the truth were known about the past few years of chaos it's less to do with Bill and far more to do with Farhad and Alisher than people sometimes think.

We know he hasn't been a perfect chairman, but personally I will find it sad if he's been unable to say a proper goodbye to Goodison or to see the new ground completed. Hopefully in better times to come the new ground will at least be seen as part of his legacy and not just the dark times of the last few years.

No it's not. People Farhad (Usmanov) hired left because of Bill. He didn't want to lose his toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.