Should Kenwright step down as chairman?

• yes

Votes: 734 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 82 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You just proved beyond doubt my point, we never once worried about relegation.
In 03/04 any of us who were around then will tell you we never had relegation worries, we just gave up competing weeks before the final weekend and plummeted down the table.
I was there then too.... attending AGMs and listening to the cringeworthy lies. Where you?

We were very fortunate that 3 teams were even worse than us, but we still only managed this yrs total points. Moyes steadied the ship despite the board's complete inability to supply any funds.... is it any wonder we never exceeded ffp when it didn't even exist till 2009 and we had a zero net spend for over a decade? In the meantime the wolves were at the door and we teetered on administration several times, selling every asset the club owned and had built up over the previous century. Trevor Birch took 5 mins to look at our accounts and operations and said no ta.

Thursday night was an example of what he means by ‘ we’ve had our good times ‘. Three decades of making up the numbers and it’s the taking part that counts.

Get him gone. Maggot
I've had loads of great times watching my tricky blues over the years. Funnily enough, they stopped under agent Johnson and have never returned. So yes Bill, I had good times, but, you had nothing to do with them.

You just proved beyond doubt my point, we never once worried about relegation.
In 03/04 any of us who were around then will tell you we never had relegation worries, we just gave up competing weeks before the final weekend and plummeted down the table.

Resulting in a 17th placed finish and becoming favourites for relegation the following season. It’s simply not true to say there were never any relegation worries under Kenwright. There were several seasons where relegation was a concern, and there were no FFP restrictions back then either.

This doesn’t mean I love Moshiri. Everton have been grossly mismanaged under Moshiri and it almost cost us our premier league status.

I was there then too.... attending AGMs and listening to the cringeworthy lies. Where you?

We were very fortunate that 3 teams were even worse than us, but we still only managed this yrs total points. Moyes steadied the ship despite the board's complete inability to supply any funds.... is it any wonder we never exceeded ffp when it didn't even exist till 2009 and we had a zero net spend for over a decade? In the meantime the wolves were at the door and we teetered on administration several times, selling every asset the club owned and had built up over the previous century. Trevor Birch took 5 mins to look at our accounts and operations and said no ta.
We're fortunate now there are three teams worse then us, or has this season gone over your heading?
you can turn a blind eye to it as much as you like, and the last 6 years, but it's a undeniable fact when Kenwright owned the club we were better and have only been worse under Mishiri.
I havent seen you on the Moshiri thread over the last week saying he needs to go, that alone shows you don't know what you are talking about but hold a personal none Everton grudge against Kenwright.
Right now Bill isn't a issue and hopefully he stays until we move to the docks, he has earned the right to stay until then.

Resulting in a 17th placed finish and becoming favourites for relegation the following season. It’s simply not true to say there were never any relegation worries under Kenwright. There were several seasons where relegation was a concern, and there were no FFP restrictions back then either.

This doesn’t mean I love Moshiri. Everton have been grossly mismanaged under Moshiri and it almost cost us our premier league status.
17th and becoming favourites for relegation the following season you say????
That following season under Bill where did we finish in the league? A one word answer will do

17th and becoming favourites for relegation the following season you say????
That following season under Bill where did we finish in the league? A one word answer will do

We finished 4th mate, that’s the truth of the matter. But it’s also true that there were several relegation scares under Kenwright’s ownership. 2001/02 being one of several.

LOL.

He’ll sell the rest of his shares for mega mega money when Moshiri has boxed off the Stadium because he’s a selfish, odious rat who only cares about one thing.

Judging by his recent poor health and current condition I wouldn’t even be sure about him actually being alive when the new stadium opens.

Whilst he wasn't the Chairman then Kenwright was certainly on the board during our relegation scraps of 92/93, 93/94, 94/95, 96/97, 97/98 and 98/99. Then after he acquired the club we had battles against the drop in 2000/01 and 2001/02 so 2003/04 wasn't our only relegation battle apart from this season with him around despite what that blert of a poster has been trying to make out.

He was part of the gang that appointed Mike Walker back in '94 ffs!

Last edited:
We're fortunate now there are three teams worse then us, or has this season gone over your heading?
you can turn a blind eye to it as much as you like, and the last 6 years, but it's a undeniable fact when Kenwright owned the club we were better and have only been worse under Mishiri.
I havent seen you on the Moshiri thread over the last week saying he needs to go, that alone shows you don't know what you are talking about but hold a personal none Everton grudge against Kenwright.
Right now Bill isn't a issue and hopefully he stays until we move to the docks, he has earned the right to stay until then.
He is still the chairman! How has that continued to escape you? Everything that has happened has all been on his watch!!!

He is still the chairman! How has that continued to escape you? Everything that has happened has all been on his watch!!!
Because when he owned the club and he was responsible we were fine, we have declined over the six years since moshiri has been here and been much worse. That shows Bill isn't the problem
If it was Bill's fault we would of had these problems before Moshiri, but back then we enjoyed European football.
Bill is vindicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.