2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two parts to the Kenwright era, the first is where we were really cash strapped and he did well to stabilise us as best he could, but then the second is where he wanted to keep control too long. I would guess that was not in a Machiavellian type way and like Del Boy he thought next year he was going to be the chairman that took us to a trophy, but whatever the reasoning it has always meant we were behind the curve.

Even if you say the Arabs would have always bought City, Kenwright turned down the money needed to buy into Kings Dock from inside the club as it would have meant he had to step down. So to summarise he is probably well meaning but incompetent.

Cash strapped?.... also known as authorising a big spend against NTL money that wasn't delivered which required rip off rate loans to repay. Bringing the honourable Phillip Green into the club to use as his own personal slush fund.

The resulting continual asset stripping..... bellefield, finch farm, player sales, backing a commercially inept CEO cos he had his back......

He should have been ran out of town for the Kings Dock fiasco alone. The fact he wasn't and was then allowed to preside over a totally flawed move to a flat-pack stadium outside of the city says a lot about the dampening of expectations that he was complicit in over this period.

Until he’s flushed out for good this club won’t progress.

He had chance to sell it to QIA in 2009 - 10 years ago. Imagine where we would be now?

They didn’t want him to have any involvement, he didn’t like this idea, his ego needs Everton and I hate him for it

The same old excuses are being trotted out, I see. The fact is that if Everton were up for sale tomorrow, and some feller had to borrow the money to buy the club in the first place, and had a business plan of putting no money whatsoever into the club for the next 15 years, he would correctly be viewed as someone that is totally inappropriate to be in control of Everton FC. And that's always been the case with Bill Kenwright.

Him and his team are a master of spin, and he did a great job in reducing expectation and portraying himself as some kind of saviour and the greatest Evertonian in the world etc. The truth is that we had more ambition and more success under Peter Johnson, and Kenwrights tenure is going to be viewed as the utter failure that it was when it is viewed in retrospect.
ld rather have a Blue Bill than a Red Johnson

So that's it? He's better then Johnson and that's good enough for Everton Football Club is it?! Kin' hell, he's an utter genius is Bill. He's successfully conned a section our fans into thinking that he's ok purely based on the fact that he's not Peter Johnson!
I didn’t say that. All I was saying is I would trust a Red running our club less than a Blue
Wouldn’t you?

Status
Not open for further replies.