2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deary me. It’s still all Bill’s fault isn’t it.

Although Bill was able to keep us competitive whilst on a shoestring budget.

It’s defo Bill’s fault though.
Bill had us treading water for the best part of 16 or so years - whilst all the other old big four mobilised and utilised to obscene amount of money flooding into the sky era game.
Then to add insult to injury watched former historically lesser clubs i.e City, Chelsea and Spurs grind us into the dirt further.
In that time we manged one cup final defeat - one flirtation with the Champions league and a few semi final hard luck stories.
He has to take some of the blame.

I always found it weird that when things were going tits up, it was all down to BK, when things were going well, it was all down to Moshiri.
I always found that when things were going tits up Kenwright kept well out of sight, when we were doing okay he was in the limelight. He was reported, less than three years ago,ready to retire with severe health problems, one report mentioned terminal, he seems to have made a very good recovery, thank God.

Why would Brands want to target a manager who wants to play a similar style to Silva? He had no role in Silva's appointment in the first place.
Maybe it’s the Style Brands wants see from the team/manager. And he’s buying players that fit that style/system . Obviously it’s not set in stone and a lot of styles/ systems can be tweaked.

If a manger insists on 352 like conte. We would need to probably buy 3 new CB’s and a very attack minded full back. Obviously we will probably be buy a new right back anyway. But this is just my opinion.

I always found that when things were going tits up Kenwright kept well out of sight, when we were doing okay he was in the limelight. He was reported, less than three years ago,ready to retire with severe health problems, one report mentioned terminal, he seems to have made a very good recovery, thank God.

The point put across was that he never got any stick mate, he was untouchable, which was way off what the truth really was, he got berated to death, yes, there were those who defended him, but like Moshiri, there are those who give him stick, and those who defend him to the hilt, it's just the nature of the beast.

The point put across was that he never got any stick mate, he was untouchable, which was way off what the truth really was, he got berated to death, yes, there were those who defended him, but like Moshiri, there are those who give him stick, and those who defend him to the hilt, it's just the nature of the beast.

That's a fair point. The popularity of a chairmen usually has a direct relation to the success of the club. Hence if we had won the last four games instead of lost them, Mosh would be the best chairman in the world.

If anything this mess has show that Bill Kenwright was good for Everton, and to say anything else now is just bitterness.
Since Moshiri came we have gone backwards at an alarming rate and spent millions, but it's fine because we have some drawings of a new ground to look at.
Our manager is Marco Silva, are you kidding me, we have gone from Fat Sam to that and dont believe for a second he was anything to do with it.
When Moyes and Kenwright worked together we did have good times but since then it just about avoiding relegation.

The biggest mistake Kenwright made was actually selling when he should of stayed exactly where he was.
I didnt like Kenwright, I was desperate for him to go, and I was so wrong about him, only I can now see that now, and can admit it.

If anything this mess has show that Bill Kenwright was good for Everton, and to say anything else now is just bitterness.
Since Moshiri came we have gone backwards at an alarming rate and spent millions, but it's fine because we have some drawings of a new ground to look at.
Our manager is Marco Silva, are you kidding me, we have gone from Fat Sam to that and dont believe for a second he was anything to do with it.
When Moyes and Kenwright worked together we did have good times but since then it just about avoiding relegation.

The biggest mistake Kenwright made was actually selling when he should of stayed exactly where he was.
I didnt like Kenwright, I was desperate for him to go, and I was so wrong about him, only I can now see that now, and can admit it.
Apart from the fact with just 35mil we’d already be on the docks and have the city owners running us now.
And let’s not forget Moyes was a very lucky appointment from the championship. We could have easily gone down under Bill. If Moyes hadn’t done a good job with no money.

If Bill has stayed we would probably have gone down, as Martínez would have kept his job, let’s not forget the “ what a manger comment” after the Chelsea game.

What ever camp you’re in. You can’t get away from the fact he made some very poor decisions and told plenty of lies.

We were going nowhere under Bill. And would have eventually ended very badly. I’m glad he’s no longer running the club and while things aren’t going well, I’m fully behind Moshiri and think he will get things right and we can finally move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.