Biggest, Most Important Everton Goal of your Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time it didn't mean too much to me. I was just thinking, that with hindsight, it was an interesting point in Everton's and English football's modern history.

It means zip for me due to the subsequent betrayal. Yes BETRAYAL. Publicly to the press.

Everton deserves better than that ego.

And WE'VE GOT IT I BELIEVE IN JACK RODWELL.

Who impresses me more and more with his humility and honesty.

It means zip for me due to the subsequent betrayal. Yes BETRAYAL. Publicly to the press.

Everton deserves better than that ego.

And WE'VE GOT IT I BELIEVE IN JACK RODWELL.

Who impresses me more and more with his humility and honesty.

He is wise and mature beyond his years, clearly. Although he's older than me, so maybe I'm not the best person to be saying that :p

Taking out the 2 relegation savers which will always be posted in these kind of threads its hard to really think of 1.

But McFaddens away at Metalist which won us the tie and gave us our first decent European run since you know when was pretty important.

Moyes went on record saying that had we not qualified for the group stages he would of resigned, so this was a massive moment.

The Biggest, Most Important Goal will come this season though, trust me

The Biggest, Most Important Goal will come this season though, trust me

Everton need a goal against Liverpool now to win the league. If Liverpool loose they go down to the hands of Everton. 10 seconds remaining of the 5. Tony Hibbert picks the ball up. Runs past one man, and another. HE HITS IT FROM 40 YARDS, LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING INTO THE TOP CORNER...

Everton need a goal against Liverpool now to win the league. If Liverpool loose they go down to the hands of Everton. 10 seconds remaining of the 5. Tony Hibbert picks the ball up. Runs past one man, and another. HE HITS IT FROM 40 YARDS, LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING INTO THE TOP CORNER...

I'm feeling a Hibbert winner definatly this season. We'l score a goal though that will send us into stratospheric joy, trust me

For me there are 2, one we scored and one we conceded.

The one we scored was Aug 9th 1969 by John Hurst away at Aresnal the first game of the season. I remember coming back on the train and the feeling of everyone was that this would be our year. We went on to win the League Title, played 42, won 29 drew 8 lost 5 with the best midfield the world has ever seen.

The one we conceded was the last goal away at Middlesbrough in the 6th round of the FA Cup 10th March 2002 which resulted in the sacking of Walter Smith and put us all out of our misery.

Ive got the game on tape , lad . Lao gave it to me .

Bally never played - gutted .

Tommy Jackson stood in .

Ill do you a copy if you want .

Don't know about "important" but Rooney's winner at Leeds - after 50 odd years of waiting for a league win there - was sweet - as were Wayne Clarke's winner at Goodison v The RS (1-0) and Rooney's first league goal (v Arsenal) - and some of Big Dunc's goals v Man U (home) (1995, 2005) and The RS. Who could forget our 3-0 win at Old Trafford in 1992? What about Dunc's first for us and Rideout's goal in the 2-0 thrashing of The RS (Joe Royle's first game in charge)?

As well as those already mentioned:

The equaliser against Bayern in 1985 (Graeme Sharp) is right up there - as is his winner at The Pit (1984)
Also could add: Sheedy's contribution v Luton in the Cup Semi (1985); Degsy's late equaliser in the Cup v Ipswich (1985); Inchy's winner in the semi v Southampton (1984); Richo and Sheeds v Villa in the Milk Cup semi at Goodison - Inchy and Sharpy in the last 10 mins at home to Coventry (1983-4 League Cup), 2-1 win, less than 10,000 in the ground - the night fans were handing out Kendall Out Leaflets.

The 4 equalisers v RS (FAC) plus Dave Watson's winner in the 3rd game.

Last edited:
Semi Final vs Spurs, hearing Motty scream "AMOKACHIIIIIII!" as he buried that header to put us into the final still makes me smile, only trophy I've been old enough to see and remember us win.
Been said before, but if it wasn't for that Barry Horne rocket we'd be alongside Sheff Wednesday today.

trevor steven to put us 2 -0 up at spurs ,that put it ito bed that night .great night that i e big nev.

Cahill rides a tackle to feed Baines, Baines puts it into Pienaar's path, he back heels it to Osman's half volley into the net against AS Larissa.

My all time favourite move since I've been watching Everton. Section of the crowd behind the Gwlady's jump as the ball crosses the 6 yard box...

Status
Not open for further replies.