Biggest game you've missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy McGurk

Player Valuation: £2.5m
As someone who lives quite far away from Goodison, I like to make time to watch Everton live as much as I can, especially recently now you can stream live games online and I can now afford to drive to one off home games a season.

Sunday I have an important gig in Nuneaton, which I have to be there for 4, this means I'm gonna miss the Arsenal game, which I am slightly cheesed off about. Most likely I'll be in a car which won't have the radio on.

Can't remember a bigger game I've not known what's going since our 95 cup win (I was 8 at the time though, still annoyed I missed it).

What was the biggest game you completely missed? What were you doing instead and how did you feel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread this.

I sort of missed the Wimbledon game.

I listened to the first half in the radio but when it was 2-0 I couldn't stand it. So went and played football with my mates.

Come home and dreams had been made!

Missed the first 5 minutes of the Wimbledon game standing in a huge que outside. I then realised it was people desperate enough to try and pay at the gate and I had a ticket so pushed my way to the front and eventually got in. Only to then find some big fella sitting in my seat, then having to argue with him to get him to move so probably missed the first 10 minutes in all.

By virtue of the fact that I've lived in Oz for most of my life I've missed many big matches, but one which was played when I lived in Liverpool springs to mind immediately.
Liverpool, the city, was abuzz with the prospect of a local derby in the FA Cup 6th round when Liverpool played a 5th round replay against Man City at Anfiield in 1956, having been drawn against Everton in the
quarter final if they won.
I sagged school - Webster Rd CP Edge Hill - to go the match. The reds got beat and I, a little kid, was desperate to go to the match at Maine Road. Our next door neighbour was going and was asked to take me, but he wouldn't.
I can still remember how unhappy I was.

1968 fa cup semi final when we beat Leeds 1 - 0 .... dad went by himself sneaky leather!!

Only found out decades later when me mam accidently let the cat out the bag.

!966 FA CUP Final. I went to every game in the run up home and away but right at Cup final time I was taken ill and unable to go.

I'm going to miss the game this weekend because of Duke of Edinburgh...

Psyche, it can piss right off. Allez Allez Allez Oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.