Big Vic!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I would honestly prefer to see Jan Mucha play up front for us as he can at least create hell in his own penalty area!

Considering that many people on this forum are already moaning that our play is too slow and indirect in three games under Martinez, the last think that we need is to give the ball to a "striker" (and I use that word loosely now) who plays with his back to goal and tries to hold the ball up. How much slower could we get?

We need some pace and penetration in the final third and Victor doesn't do that these days.

What has happened to Velios ? or have I missed something here ?

He's nowhere near good enough.

People are choosing to look at the negative side, yet if it was Herman VanGinksnoffheister from someone like PSV, they'd be noticing he's getting in the positions, linking up well and always racing to be in the box.

(Kone)

The suggestion to sell all four of our strikers and loan defoe is quality haha. Would be alright until he got injured like.

I personally think Vic was well better than Jelavic last season and is a threat, Kone looks poor but deserves a few more games, afterall Jelavic has had about 15 in a row and not scored.

The suggestion to sell all four of our strikers and loan defoe is quality haha. Would be alright until he got injured like.

I personally think Vic was well better than Jelavic last season and is a threat, Kone looks poor but deserves a few more games, afterall Jelavic has had about 15 in a row and not scored.

What's Keown doing these days?- he has history as an emergency striker for us back in the day.

I think I would honestly prefer to see Jan Mucha play up front for us as he can at least create hell in his own penalty area!

Considering that many people on this forum are already moaning that our play is too slow and indirect in three games under Martinez, the last think that we need is to give the ball to a "striker" (and I use that word loosely now) who plays with his back to goal and tries to hold the ball up. How much slower could we get?

We need some pace and penetration in the final third and Victor doesn't do that these days.

...+1000 for the laugh...priceless!!

I'd rather have 9m than big vic

Bill can lose £4M of that down the back of the sofa and I'd still take comfort in the knowledge that Martinez can't spend the remaining £5M on Kone for a second time. Willing to give him a chance, but he's not looking like the injection of life that we're sorely needing up front.

Bill can lose £4M of that down the back of the sofa and I'd still take comfort in the knowledge that Martinez can't spend the remaining £5M on Kone for a second time. Willing to give him a chance, but he's not looking like the injection of life that we're sorely needing up front.

Just to say though that Kone, when he came on yesterday offered so much more.

His link up play is good, Jelavic fell over the ball a few times, I actually felt sorry for him when he came off.

I'm more than wiling to see what Anichebe does, but I'm guessing it'll be the same for him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.