Big Vic!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...same old. The likes of Victor and Velios are out of sight for a while and we forget that they are squad players at best.

Vic performances last year and against Juventus in pre-season suggests he can can offer us something unique. His strength and work rate unsettles defenders whilst his hold up play helps to bring our midfield into the attacking move, something Jelavic is struggling with.

I hope it's just an injury and nothing more sinister.

Vic's our best striker at the moment IMO.

Looking at it now, can't believe we spent 5M on Kone. Could very possibly of got 5M a piece for Vic and jelavic, plus Kone's 5M and brought in 2 new strikers around 7M a piece plus a loan/cheapie....

The 3 we'v got are pretty much lower league quality! Can't believe we'v not properly addressed this during the summer. At a point I think I'd rather mirallas up top in all but the biggest of away games.

Vic's our best striker at the moment IMO.

Looking at it now, can't believe we spent 5M on Kone. Could very possibly of got 5M a piece for Vic and jelavic, plus Kone's 5M and brought in 2 new strikers around 7M a piece plus a loan/cheapie....

The 3 we'v got are pretty much lower league quality! Can't believe we'v not properly addressed this during the summer. At a point I think I'd rather mirallas up top in all but the biggest of away games.

Martinez decided to add to our weak strikeforce by signing kone....and add a 6th centre back with alcaraz.

If Vic is our best striker (which he most probably is) that is absolutely mind blowing. Surely there is a striker somewhere that could do a job for us.

At least give Vic a chance, hasn't played competitively this season maybe hes in a cocoon somewhere metamorphosing into Soldado

Anichebe had a good season considering his awful past but still only managed 6 league goals. He's just not good enough.

Sorry mate, but it's always tomorrow with Victor,use the cash towards bringing in a striker,which Victor is not.

And far away fields are always greener, still think he should be given a chance and all these people clamouring for a new striker never seem to give any reasonable examples

And far away fields are always greener, still think he should be given a chance and all these people clamouring for a new striker never seem to give any reasonable examples

Well mate when it comes down to Everton and strikers the stats tell all you need to know,I will leave it there mate,don't think we are going to agree, cheers

If teams are going to sit really deep against us I'd rather Big Vic started. At the very least he's more likely to make the ball stick in the final third..

Anichebe is a million miles better than Kone at the moment. He is also a lot better than Jelavic on current form. It's ridiculous for Martinez to not be starting him. I hope the Jelavic/Kone partnership is going to be a latter day Saha/Cahill, playing out of form older players, and holding back younger lads opportunities in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.