Big Dunc testimonial - EFC vs Villareal at Goodison, Sun Aug 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten red cards big Dunc left in the crap a good few times but will always be an icon too many fans as he played in the bad years of the club when he was young at Aberdeen he had the makings of a brilliant player - future Manager No - I would rather have Kevin Sheedy who was a total footballer , and did his talking on the pitch!
And people would clap him being sent off,and leaving us in the brown stuff.

Because he wasn't getting any abuse whatsoever off the fans before that... and definitely not during that specific match. Has nobody else gotten massively riled up as someone in their early 20's.... now imagine instead of having one lad trying to get a reaction out of you.... you have a few thousand.

And most of these that were throwing abuse are the same ones that blame the board for forcing the move and 'asking him to put in a transfer request' so that the fans wouldn't lynch them.

Really not arsed with the grudge holding to be perfectly honest and surprised so many still are.
Agreed I'm not arsed about Rooney if he plays or doesn't but I was showing why there is still the fume. He claimed to be a evertonian, then left at his request, went to United and KISSED their badge on the Goodison turf. I can understand why that doesn't sit well with some evertonians. It was like seeing your wife who you still loved banging a bloke you despise in your own bed.

Watched document about Shearer yesterday. He said that when Gullit left him and Ferguson in the bench in TW derby he went all berzerk and in the morning he rushed to owners office but wasnt the first one there. Big Dunc was there and was "tearing the wall papers off" the place and was raging about.

Damn I love the man..

Agreed I'm not arsed about Rooney if he plays or doesn't but I was showing why there is still the fume. He claimed to be a evertonian, then left at his request, went to United and KISSED their badge on the Goodison turf. I can understand why that doesn't sit well with some evertonians. It was like seeing your wife who you still loved banging a bloke you despise in your own bed.

Completely get that and I was absolutely fuming at the time myself.... but looking back on it, as you said... I'm just not arsed.

(and if an opportunity arose for him to be our new no.10 I'd snap the hand off ;) )

Watched document about Shearer yesterday. He said that when Gullit left him and Ferguson in the bench in TW derby he went all berzerk and in the morning he rushed to owners office but wasnt the first one there. Big Dunc was there and was "tearing the wall papers off" the place and was raging about.

Damn I love the man..

Always loved Bullards face after Ferguson explains his punch.

hqdefault.jpg

Hope Rooney plays a lovely chipped cross into the onrushing Duncan Ferguson who proceeds to smash home a header at Street End.

Then gets injured and misses most of next season for Man U.

If big dunc want's Rooney to join his testimonial match ,then fair enough , it's his day. As for the Rooney hate on here it's laughable. Rooney is a professional footballer after leaving everton he has won trophies ,captained his country and become one of the worlds top players whilst earning £250,000 a week,. Once a blue always a blue until you look around the dressing room and realise your 20 times better than anyone in there at 17.

If big dunc want's Rooney to join his testimonial match ,then fair enough , it's his day. As for the Rooney hate on here it's laughable. Rooney is a professional footballer after leaving everton he has won trophies ,captained his country and become one of the worlds top players whilst earning £250,000 a week,. Once a blue always a blue until you look around the dressing room and realise your 20 times better than anyone in there at 17.

I was at the age when rooney was here for a couple of years that he was one of the first players i "idolised" is the only way i can think of putting it, i basically looked up to him as i was about 10/11 and this was the guy that anyone round my age wanted to be if they supported everton. Hes the footballing equivelent of your first break up but you grow to accept it was the right decision.

I never had any ill feelings towards him leaving the club, i was gutted but we ended that season in 17th and he was the poster boy for england and the prem after 2 seasons. The hate came for him later on with his actions, he was always desperate to one up the fans who once adored him and then the kissing the badge was the ultimate insult.

I can look back on his couple of years with us now and think wow he will probably be the best ever youngster i will see in an everton shirt and im still only 22, but the kissing the badge will never be forgiven no matter what the future holds

Status
Not open for further replies.