2023/24 Beto

He looks like a donkey, however as others have stated until he's getting a proper chance I'm not going to judge him yet, still want to see him given a fair chance and a fair run of starts.
If DCL had missed that sitter of a header, you would have been all over it on the DCL thread....... any semi pro footballer would have scored that .....

He has been poor though theres no point in pretending he hasn't at times you wonder how he's made it to this level at all he looks so uncoordinated. I say that because I think a lot of what people have said is fair he really doesn't look like a 25 mil player at all and we're all going to comment on that but that doesn't mean he's a bust and we have to get rid of him that type of thing is over the top.
He’s been disappointing absolutely but I don’t think he ‘missed two sitters’ like a lot said Tuesday night which was my point.

His odd physical presence sees him do some things I’ve never seen though and I think he’s unpredictable and more capable of something special than Dom.

I am worried about him. It's not so much his finishing as it is his build up play. He doesn't seem to run in behind either, and he hasn't got enough physically about him to press a defender with his back against the goal.

If we weren't in the situation we're in, I'd feel like he'd be playing less and allowed to develop in training - but he's so raw.

I am worried about him. It's not so much his finishing as it is his build up play. He doesn't seem to run in behind either, and he hasn't got enough physically about him to press a defender with his back against the goal.

If we weren't in the situation we're in, I'd feel like he'd be playing less and allowed to develop in training - but he's so raw.
Man he’s 26. There isn’t much development left

He’s been disappointing absolutely but I don’t think he ‘missed two sitters’ like a lot said Tuesday night which was my point.

His odd physical presence sees him do some things I’ve never seen though and I think he’s unpredictable and more capable of something special than Dom.
Talk us through his header a yard out plus his two goal line saves from Godfrey (n)

I wish the lad well of course. Horses for courses though so he'll only play as an impact sub.
He's nowhere near the ability of DCL.
Anyone with any idea of how to play football should be able to see that.
Dyche won't start the 2 of them again - they play in the exactly the same position - so he'll have to take his 25 / 30 mins when DCL is taken off.
It's all a bit predictable and not very inspiring.
It may yet work for him - we should have scored 2/3 against Fulham and we should have beaten Luton - but time will tell.
We just need a break to win a game then the pressure can reduce and we'll start to see whether the fella is worth persevering with.