2023/24 Beto

Let's face it, he's absolutely crap.

Just doesn't seem to have a clue when he comes on where he's supposed to be and what he's supposed to be doing.

There's far too many flaws in his game for the age he is and the money we'll be spending end of the season.

DCL is in absolutely dreadful form yet you can see the drop off instantly when he's replaced. You need Beto coming on and making a case to be starting but he's just laboured and tripping over himself.

We have accumulated some hell if a crap squad. Unreal to be able to be so bad at spunking money on crap time after time. I want him to come good but he's lacking too many basics for this league.
He does one thing better than any striker we’ve had since Lukaku though and that’s make runs off the last man to get in behind.

The more he plays with players like Garner, Onana and Gomes who will look to pick out that pass, the more we see him score, I’m convinced of it.

His all round like up/hold up play is terrible in general though yeah.

Let's face it, he's absolutely crap.

Just doesn't seem to have a clue when he comes on where he's supposed to be and what he's supposed to be doing.

There's far too many flaws in his game for the age he is and the money we'll be spending end of the season.

DCL is in absolutely dreadful form yet you can see the drop off instantly when he's replaced. You need Beto coming on and making a case to be starting but he's just laboured and tripping over himself.

We have accumulated some hell if a crap squad. Unreal to be able to be so bad at spunking money on crap time after time. I want him to come good but he's lacking too many basics for this league.

He does one thing better than any striker we’ve had since Lukaku though and that’s make runs off the last man to get in behind.

The more he plays with players like Garner, Onana and Gomes who will look to pick out that pass, the more we see him score, I’m convinced of it.

His all round like up/hold up play is terrible in general though yeah.
I kind of get the feeling we needed a 'back to goal' striker for our current squad and set up. Beto is better with ball in front of him from what I've seen of him.

We needed a latter day Kevin Campbell type.

See if we can strike a deal with Udinese to send him back at the end of the season. If it means taking a bath on the deal so be it.

He’s not and never will be a 25/30m player.

He’s far too raw and too old to be managed into anything effective.

He lacks the basics. He can’t control a ball or kick a ball well. He doesn’t understand when or where to press.

You’d like to think that there was no way we’d have considered him, but we have solely down to the financial position we are in, and the financial structure of the deal.

I think the quality is there, but it’s also fair to say that he hasn’t been great in what we’ve seen of him. I got a lot of stick in preseason when I said Che Adams would have been a better immediate signing, but it is what it is and we need to persevere.

You may be right No.25 but Beto is young and has a bigger potential. He did really well in Italy- how, I dont
know but he did. Give him a year or two and maybe Dyche can smooth out what is clearly a rough diamond.

He's just one that'll take a bit of time. I think that he lacks confidence in what he should be doing. On Sunday he was just slow to react to situations as if he was trying to concentrate on where he needed to be. On hi debut he looked decent as if he was playing freely. Dyche has a specific structure starting with pressing from the front and I just looks like he doesn't quite get it at the moment and can't multitask.

I think he's going to improve, i think his first season here will be his toughest and i think hes doing fine, he can learn a new dimension to his game and i think he will, he's well game.

I think he plays better with a ball at feet no 10 or 8 rather then the Duke - were we go that bit more direct and press high, he looks way better when Gomes slots in, he knows how to beat a line.

The more I read the striker threads, the more I think we'll all be happier once people realize we need 5-10 goals per season from every attacking starter. That contribution, in addition to standard attacker things, is much cheaper to buy than big striker numbers. The big fish demand more production than that for a big fee and wage packet, so there's enough to go around.

If we maintain some decent scorers on the wings and in midfield, and have someone up top who can help us transition from defense to attack, create space and net from time to time, we can challenge for European places once we get this stupid league vendetta off our backs.

Let's let Beto cook a bit on those secondary objectives before writing him off.

Beto is not a good centre forward in terms of his level of skill. If he was good he wouldn’t have come to Everton, let’s be honest. However he has some attributes which he uses to the full, he is to be commended for that, indeed he deserves game time to see just how far that can take him. DLC isn’t scoring, I think it is maybe time to give Beto a couple of starts to see just what he can do.