2023/24 Beto

….i don’t think either are particularly predators, Dave.

DCL leads the line much better in the system we play, we look so much more balanced when he starts. You have to get the ball behind the opposition defence to play to Beto’s strengths, something we don’t really do. Put him in on goal and he’s tough to catch but his finishing will always be erratic.
Beto can find the net if you stick a ball in front of him.

….exactly what I’ve been saying since he arrived. Problem is, balls played up to him invariably come straight back and he doesn’t have the quality to link play. He was poor at Forest for exactly those reasons.
Beto has non of the qualities required to play in this Dyche side.

Doesn’t work hard enough. Cannot control a ball. Hold up play is non existent. Can’t bring others into play. He’s a poor fit for this side.

DCL works his absolute sack off up front, gets us up the pitch very well, is comfortable on the ball.

Only bigots and idiots think Beto is a better option than DCL.

Beto needs a skillful no. 10 to prosper, someone who can thread through balls for the big fella
to run onto. EFC as currently constituted are a non-possession, dead ball outfit, a counter attacking unit.
That's why the home record is so poor. Away from home, the team knows how to operate, has an identity
whereas it is unable to boss matches at home.

Beto has non of the qualities required to play in this Dyche side.

Doesn’t work hard enough. Cannot control a ball. Hold up play is non existent. Can’t bring others into play. He’s a poor fit for this side.

DCL works his absolute sack off up front, gets us up the pitch very well, is comfortable on the ball.

Only bigots and idiots think Beto is a better option than DCL.
I think this is a bad take all round, I'd actually argue he's starting to crank just a little pressure on DCL for starting right now.

If, big if admittedly, but if he genuinely meant to slot through the keppers legs against the punchers then thats a top class goal. Finish aside the run into space and the strength while dribbling against/past the defender was solid work.

Just read your last sentence ffs 😂. Typed too much to delete now anyway 😭