2023/24 Beto

There is no doubt he put in a shift, he did as you say but can we afford to spend £21 million on a work horse when we have an injury prone centre forward. Hopefully you are right and I am wrong, I would love to see the lad flourish and score regularly, he seems to want to play. It is just that I haven’t seen the quality required to play at Premier League level.
Does't matter who's scoring as long as we are scoring and winning. Beto's presence helped and will continue to help. And he'll eventually start scoring.

DCL has only a 3 goals from 13 games. Beto has barely had a look in.

For me it seems clear that he needs to work on his movement.. but then again something like that only really 'clicks' with regular game time and getting on your teammates' wavelength.

It's the obvious cliche but I think he just needs a goal & some more regular gametime to get up & running because the fella clearly knows where the goal is.

Bad miss in that first half though - really needs to try and compose himself a bit more.

He's hardly reading GOT tbf.

That's not the point is it! It's on a human level have more patience and see what happens instead of running someone down who hasn't had a lot of game time to show what he can really do.

Least he was close last night and put his foot through it. If he gets one on target it is going in. Maupay would have pea-rolled it straight to the keeper.

….tbf it was, which did us a favour. Beto did actually put McNeil in for the chance that was cleared off the line even if he slightly overdid that pass.
Once you proclaimed Godfrey as the second coming of Bobby Moore my trust in your judgement went down! I don't think Beto is a great player, but I do think if he can get a goal he will get a few. He strikes me as a poacher rather than an all round striker and therefore needs confidence which he'll only get when he scores.