Confirmed Signing Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL is a classic example of players getting better when they don't play.
4 goals in 2 years (excluding penalties).
And whilst he does contribute in other ways to the team performance, he is our centre forward, in a team that struggles to find goals from any other position.
I predict that he will struggle to become a first team regular again.
And Beto is a classic example of over hyping our players until you all eventually turn on him like everyone else. Whilst your points in this post are correct they are irrelevant to your original post.

Beto looks very impressive.

If he keeps fit we have a chance at survival.

I dont care that was against Doncaster last night, he made it look like men against boys and they were powerless to stop him. The PL will have better defenders, but they wont handle that raw power too easily.

I've seen enough.

Beto looks very impressive.

If he keeps fit we have a chance at survival.

I dont care that was against Doncaster last night, he made it look like men against boys and they were powerless to stop him. The PL will have better defenders, but they wont handle that raw power too easily.

I've seen enough.

Have to agree. If it was some youngster, you could probably justifiably say "twas only Donny.' However, this lad has 62 Serie A appearances to his name. We know he's a decent standard, what he demonstrated last night was that he has all the attributes you worry a striker coming from the continent might not have.

Have to agree. If it was some youngster, you could probably justifiably say "twas only Donny.' However, this lad has 62 Serie A appearances to his name. We know he's a decent standard, what he demonstrated last night was that he has all the attributes you worry a striker coming from the continent might not have.

As much as what he'll do himself, I'm as pleased about how he brought two misfiring strikers into form in that second half.

He's going to have a big impact.

If they'd bought him for the start of the season we wouldn't now be under this pressure.

What's wrong with a little hope?

feels-good.jpg

As much as what he'll do himself, I'm as pleased about how he brought two misfiring strikers into form in that second half.

He's going to have a big impact.

If they'd bought him for the start of the season we wouldn't now be under this pressure.

Division 2 defenders are technically worse than PL defenders obviously, but there are some absolute units down there so they will play the game rough and strong. Beto just brushed them aside…

I can see a lot of defenders going down pretending their face has been hit to stop the play. One of his biggest challenges will be the referees whistle.

He won’t be able to run past players like against Doncaster, won’t be outmuscling many in the PL. It’s great that he scored but the Doncaster match was just an example of him being bigger and faster than his opponent, because of the level.

Just seen the highlights now, I bet everyone had a meltdown when he sliced that chance wide before he scored lol

Glad I missed the game, looked bloody awful from the highlights and read through all the comments on here last night.
Same here. The highlights I watched later made us look like an ok side.. lol.
Beto will bring a much needed dose of power, energy and drive into our attack.
Looking forward to him kindling the fear factor in opposition defences.

Was going to reply to @Eggs to say a similar thing, when you get someone who does wholeheartedly apply themselves, it is kind of contagious and helps lift everyone.

It also helps that your teammates know you can put the ball in the back of the net. Obviously very early days given the opposition but if he can keep on scoring the confidence goes up, the negativity evaporates and those players can then chip in with goals as suddenly they aren't weighed down by the pressure of we probably only score one goal. Every chance was therefore built to almost a life and death scenario.
I know it was only Doncaster but when you look that goal, the header onto the post and the no-nonsense finish for the offside goal you can't help but think that Nobby is the new Rom we've been praying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.