Confirmed Signing Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to reply to @Eggs to say a similar thing, when you get someone who does wholeheartedly apply themselves, it is kind of contagious and helps lift everyone.

It also helps that your teammates know you can put the ball in the back of the net. Obviously very early days given the opposition but if he can keep on scoring the confidence goes up, the negativity evaporates and those players can then chip in with goals as suddenly they aren't weighed down by the pressure of we probably only score one goal. Every chance was therefore built to almost a life and death scenario.
Relieves the pressure on the defence too as they won't always be on a knife's edge thinking that one goal is enough to beat us.

So glad he scored just moments after that awful shot. When he took that shot and the crowd sang 'what a waste of money' my son and I looked at each other and thought oh fook.. is he gonna be crap?
Great pace and strength for the goal with a delightful finish. Had he buried that header as well, it would have been serious stiffy time.
Apparently his shooting is very mixed some screamers and many wild in the stand shots. I don't think it bothers him.

A lot of people talking about that it was only Doncaster which is very true but think back to the games we’ve played and based off what you did see of him how we’d have done in those games. Those 3 1v1’s Maupay had against Fulham, he’s scoring at least one of them. I’m not saying we’d have won the Fulham and Wolves games but based on what we have seen of him you’d have to think we probably would have at least scored in those games with the chances we created

"It's only Doncaster"

True. The upshot isn't that everyone thinks he's the best striker in the league. But he's far better than anyone else we had on the pitch, so that immediately improves us!

He's going to prove a handful in the PL and he'll get a lot of attention form defenders. But he looks like he can take on that physical battle. He'll leave a lot of space around him for other Everton players to exploit too.

If we keep him clear of injury we'll stand a chance of survival, on that first showing at least.
Maupay did better last night because of that. Danjuma became more effective as well.

That team has always needed a focal point to bring the others into play and we may have struck lucky here.

Status
Not open for further replies.