Confirmed Signing Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did not just move last season, he was there on loan the previous season. So he had 2 seasons at Udinese, one as a loan player and one as a perm and he scored double digits both times. I'm sure zat has already pointed this out to you.

…yes he was on loan with a €7m buy clause. As I said, he moved for just £5m last summer.

…yes he was on loan with a €7m buy clause. As I said, he moved for just £5m last summer.

The 'clause' being non-optional.

2 years ago he signed on loan for a guaranteed €7mil obligation at the end of season one.

So the actual amount and move were all agreed 2 years ago and set in stone.

The £5mil was actually €7mil.

The 'clause' being non-optional.

2 years ago he signed on loan for a guaranteed €7mil obligation at the end of season one.

So the actual amount and move were all agreed 2 years ago and set in stone.

The £5mil was actually €7mil.

…apologies, I got my conversion rate wrong. He was permanently transferred for £6m last summer.

…apologies, I got my conversion rate wrong. He was permanently transferred for £6m last summer.
But the value of that transfer was determined two years ago before he had played a game for Udinese so while it may be factual correct it is misleading. He has had two full successful seasons in Italy since his transfer value was last determined. Drogba had similar stats at a similar age in the French league before his move to Marseille. Any player we buy is always likely to have a questionable track record otherwise we would not be able to buy them. It is always Catch-22.

But the value of that transfer was determined two years ago before he had played a game for Udinese so while it may be factual correct it is misleading. He has had two full successful seasons in Italy since his transfer value was last determined. Drogba had similar stats at a similar age in the French league before his move to Marseille. Any player we buy is always likely to have a questionable track record otherwise we would not be able to buy them. It is always Catch-22.

....my point was to manage expectation on the lad.

ok, we‘re paying £27m for Beto, a player who moved to Udinese last summer on a permanent transfer for an agreed fee of £6m after being there on loan for a season ;). Phew.

Italian football has always been boring in my book.

TBF though I've always thought that was because defence came first, so if you can score goals in Serie A you should be decent.

Maybe it's changed. Too disinterested to find out.
Its prity much that way still. Especially with the small teams. They are more efficient than the likes of stoke and Burnley of old that where solid and snide there way to a 0-0. Very frustrating to watch. Going down holding thier head every time a slide tackle happens to get the play to stop.

I’m sure I read on here as well that he has one of the highest stats for headed clearances in Serie A.
Looks very like Lukaku in that he doesn't score headed goals where he challenges centre backs in the air but when he finds space in the box.

He’s a unit that can do more than pea roll it from outside the box and therefore is instantly our most potent attacking force that is fit,

Don’t know if he’s Dyche fit…

Truth is important though. No need to use misleading information even if making a valid point.

….misleading? All I said was we bid £27m for Beto and £30m for Bilal Toure. Both were transferred last season for £6m and £8m respectively at pretty much exactly the same time we paid £12m for Maupay. The point being there is value out there.

I really hope Beto is terrific, I like him. Hopefully he’s more of a £27m than a £6m striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.