Best you've ever felt at an EFC match/worst you've ever felt at an EFC match?

The Smiths are

• Boss lad

Votes: 33 55.0%
  • Despressing sh*te lid

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Some melted cheddar on Warbutons please lar

Votes: 18 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best was spurs home last season..... Losing 1-0 with two minutes to go... Scored an equaliser on 90 mins and I went nuts..... Minute later we scored a winner... Whole of the Gwladys went absolutely mental.... Felt amazing.

Can't remember a bad one yet.......probably two or three years ago v arsenal, RVP scored a belting volley last minute to beat us.

Best: when Jags scored the winning penalty in the semi final. How everyone went mental and then Z cars came on and everyone joined in. Fcuking brilliant. The Gosling derby is a close second.

The worst was probably losing to that lot in the semi final, even though we could all see it coming it didn't make it any easier. Wigan last season isn't far behind.

As an exiled blue, mine are more based on TV, and the Spurs semi was the best. Watched with my old man, and we just couldnt believe we were back at Wembley, when we had been in such a mess for a while. Great memories with my dad as well.

Wigan. Nuff said.

I suppose that Aug 9 1997 as a best moment at an EFC match doesn't count, (first day of the season Everton 1 Palace 2, Lombardo etc). It remains my Evertonian sons worst.
So, best would be McFadden scoring a belter at the Park End against Charlton in stoppage time just after they had equalised and Pardew had leapt around like a demented nob.
Worst would be a 3-0 hiding at Highfield Road c1997. Bloody woeful that day and ended up rowing with a steward.

Best - Sunderland away in the FA Cup quarter final 2012.

Worst - The semi final a few weeks later.

Best, 3-3 v United....unbelievably mental end to a game!

Worst, the Derby match at Goodison when Clattenburg win the game for the ****e by buying a Gerrard dive and not giving us a blatant pen at the end, scum!

Best, 3-3 v United....unbelievably mental end to a game!

Worst, the Derby match at Goodison when Clattenburg win the game for the ****e by buying a Gerrard dive and not giving us a blatant pen at the end, scum!

Hope we never see that c*** Clattenburg at Goodison ever again, but I have a nasty feeling he will be back soon.

My best was April 1970 when we beat WBA to clinch the championship. I was 14 years old....no responsibilities....life was good. We'd been sublime all season. That night, I was born along on a cloud of euphoria along with everyone else inside the ground. Can't recall who got the first goal but Harvey's effort for the second and clinching goal was right up there. Jink one way, jink the other...back again and....bang: right in the top corner at the Park End. When the team reemerged form the tunnel to be proclaimed champions, the flash bulbs lent the atmosphere a surreal, dream-like air. Joe Royle fist pumping in front of the GSE.

It surpasses Bayern, Rotterdam, Wembley 84, 95 (wasn't at 66) championships in 85 and 87 and all the semis we've played. That memory will never leave me.

Worst: The second Maine Road semi under lights in 77. I just knew we wouldn't be able to beat them again. Still attended like....couldn't stay away.

So depressing that I doubt in my lifetime (I'm 22) I will ever see anything as great.

Both high and low came on Wimbledon Day for me.

Lowest point ever, when we were 2-0 down.

Cried like a baby.....with happiness....after the final whistle.

this all day long!

felt like the world was ending at half time! then that 2nd half atmosphere and the final result!!!

This is a great question, btw. And I doubt I'm the only one who will be back with more than one set of answers, because there's so many memories (good and bad).

Best: Semifinal against United. Tears of joy when the winning penalty went in
Worst: Probably losing 1-3 at home to Liverpool in 2005. Crouch scored, Cisse roasted Weir, horrific night and thought we were certs for relegation.

Best: Been loads, but Wembley 1995 gets the vote.

Worst: Again there's been loads. But I can remember us losing 3-1 at home to Sheff Wed in 1998, it put us right in the **** with the only remaining games being Arsenal away and Coventry at home.

Hope we never see that c*** Clattenburg at Goodison ever again, but I have a nasty feeling he will be back soon.

I want him back. So much venom to unleash.

Can't believe I forgot that game; I was in the Gwladys back then and saw Lescott get hauled down in front of me by that [Poor language removed] Carragher. There is only one appropriate word to describe my rage: apoplectic

Status
Not open for further replies.