Best value for money signings - or home grown players since the late 1950's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey66

Player Valuation: £150m
Just seen the thread of The Blues expensive signings - How abou it value for money - No 1 has to be Dixie Dean - stalwart loyal players even in short years -
Brian Harris cost us a £10 signing on fee etc
Labone cost us nothing - as did John Hurst
Moggsy - sheedy cost us not much to our pleasure from over the park etc
my hero Joe Royle - Colin Harvey - Tommy Wright etc all came via the youth system etc
Sandy Brown mr versatile played even in goal for us in a day of no substitutes etc
Peter Reid was a steal at £60, 000 pure VFM etc
away you go lets debate these legends, and more players you can list!
there are too many to mention but a great subject for debate -
The player I most felt sorry for was Fred Pickering with a goal machine record career ended to an injury they could have probably fixed nowadays!

It's hard to make comparison of value from earlier decades. Coleman and Stones for me in recent times. The profit on Stones can't be ignored, it happened to coincide with us getting money so we won't notice how big a deal it was.

Just seen the thread of The Blues expensive signings - How abou it value for money - No 1 has to be Dixie Dean - stalwart loyal players even in short years -
Brian Harris cost us a £10 signing on fee etc
Labone cost us nothing - as did John Hurst
Moggsy - sheedy cost us not much to our pleasure from over the park etc
my hero Joe Royle - Colin Harvey - Tommy Wright etc all came via the youth system etc
Sandy Brown mr versatile played even in goal for us in a day of no substitutes etc
Peter Reid was a steal at £60, 000 pure VFM etc
away you go lets debate these legends, and more players you can list!
there are too many to mention but a great subject for debate -
The player I most felt sorry for was Fred Pickering with a goal machine record career ended to an injury they could have probably fixed nowadays!

Regarding players we paid money for, has to be Seamus.

Paul Power was another absolute bargain at about sixty grand as well......and the purchase of Wayne Clarke for a couple hundred grand got us over the line in 1987.

Status
Not open for further replies.