Best squad for a generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku, great player when he wants to be but he can also be lazy.
Barkley, love the kid but watching him lately he seems to be hiding in games and not wanting a pass.
Stones, great future ahead of him but he's raw and is making too many mistakes.
Jagielka, his pace always got him out of trouble but now he's lost a yard he isn't the same player,
McCarthy, never rated the lad he offers nothing going forward yet we're still leaking goals big time ?
Baines, picking up injuries and coming to the end of his Everton career, been a great servant.
Delofeu, no consistency.
Coleman, gone off the boil last season been a great servant.
Keepers, don't rate either of them.
Barry, 35 and he's been one of our best players, says it all about the rest of them really,

conclusion is that we need wholesale changes in the summer, i hope the new manager knows the premier league well.

so many players need moved on this summer.
howard, oviedo, osman, hibbert, kone, mirallas, mcgeady, gibson, niasse. wouldnt be too bothered about letting the likes of mccarthy leave too.
sign 3-4 top quality players to go into the first 11 and promote davies, dowell, walsh, connolly etc to first team squad.

Players I would keep as a nucleus of the squad

Robles - Done nothing wrong for me so far, though if we are going to progress an upgrade probably needed.
Coleman - Still mid twenties, could flourish under a new manager.
Baines - No need to sell Baines
Jags - Getting older but keep as a squad player for his experience
Stones - The new elephant in the room! Bags of talent but needs guidance.
Mori - Passionate, there is a player there too but needs to be more no nonsense and don't think Martinez's style of play works for him, and makes him prone to mistakes..
Besic - Next season he needs to push on
Lennon - deserves his place in the squad and off the few bright spots of the seasons.
Delofeau - Has talent, needs nurturing and is a confidence player.
Barkley - As above
Lukaku - If we can keep him, we have a 20 a season slotter, something we have not had for a long time. If we can keep him though.

The rest could easily be sold, loaned, retired, etc....not seen anything from any of them to make me think they are anything special. Barry has also been one of the bright spots of the season but he should not be getting a regular start next season due to his age.

McCarthy and Mirallas, not really arsed about these 2 now, squad players unless they showed something better.

The worrying thing is the possible exodus of players. Who is going to want to stay on the sinking ship with Bobo at the helm?

The 6 players i hav ehighlighted have al either already agreed a move for the summer or have only till the end of the season on their contracts mate
Think Kone has one year left - will be hard to shift him though - maybe a championship loan to see his contract out would be the best option
Mcgeady has i think 3 left - similarly will be hard to shift him as well, have to hope some idiot will take a punt on him or else just loan him for anyone willing to pay some of his wages
Mirallas has 2 or 3 left - can easily be shiftd but probably for a lot less money that what he 'should' be worth

Would also add Naisse into that list - right now we may be able to recoup a % of what we paid - maybe 5-6m or so if we can seell him to Turkey, if we keep him and he is as bad as everyone is starting to guess at, then we will end up eating a 14m loss and have him stuck on the books drawing his wages

Shift Baines up into that first 11 sqaud though mate, cos can guarantee any top class manager arriving will instantly have him into their starting 11 week in week out, don't judge any player we have currently on their form under this car crash of a manager

Massive clear out i think is needed but a new manager would likely keep alot of them for a year then reasess which wouldnt be ideal.

We have a very good first 11 when fit, but the Southampton game and last night showed our squad 'strength'. Kone, Gibson, Oviedo, Pienaar, Osman have all come in and (maybe apart from Gibson) failed miserably

there all [Poor language removed] wouldn't care if we sold any of them, not a pair of bollocks between the lot of them

Summed up my feelings completely I dont Care who's managing them and what tactics they've been asked to play is it too much to ask for them to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and show some fight ffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.