Best squad for a generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive highlighted this in 2 threads on the squad.

CB - Stones/Mori
DM -- Besic/McCarthy
RW -- Deulofeu
ACM -- Barkley
CF -- Lukaku

The rest i'm not bothered about but we need to keep those 7 players + Galloway/Connolly/Kenny etc being brought through at full back ready for next season + Ledson/Walsh etc being assessed in the summer.

I'd have a huge clearout starting with:
Howard
hibbert
osman
gibson
pienaar
kone
mirallas
mcgeady
mcaleny

Baines/Oviedo/Garbutt can all be sold as well unless they are happy to be squad players.

I'd be keeping Lennon. One of the few bright spots and puts a shift in

With one or two exception they are losers. Any time a big game comes up they fold and have done for years. they can have all the talent in the world, if the mentality aint there (and it isnt) they will never amount to anything.

Yes, and they must be held accountable definitely, especially the defense which has so often failed in the final minutes. But just imagine for a moment there siuation, I think they have no gram of inspiration playing for Martinez because they, let alone opposing managers know everything by heart. Who's going to play, which is a tactic, what will Martinez say , we know it . I think Martinez has to go and take along with him Wigan. Lukaku will be hard to keep, Stones for big money and would sell. These are two things that I know, I think also that we should let Barry go , although he had from a solid to a good season , we just need a big change. We must finally bring someone who is a great creator and cover it with only one DM. No one plays with two DM more. Perhaps game actic's look like that in some other teams ,but in realliy one of these two is very good creator and the other DM is not bad with the ball. We play with one who can pass the ball no longer than 10 yards up front and one which can create something but it's not enough.

See - Coventry City October 94. 0-2 after about 15 mins in one of the most horrific games I have ever seen at Gooodison and I have seen countless, useless matches. Parkinson, Rideout, Horne, Stuart... like the worst players to ever pull on our shirt.
One month later - Everton 2 Liverpool 0. New manager, new system, new belief. Those 4 mentioned above, pivotal in a brilliant 2 year period.

Liverpool where utter garbage at Goodison this season and we should have won comfortably. -- New manager, new system, new belief.
In this day and age of 24/7 sports coverage I am amazed at how little emphasis is given to coaching, managerial responsibilities and tactics.
The players are to blame is lazy journalism.

First team -

Keep: Robles, Baines, Jagielka, Oviedo, Lennon, Besic, Barry, Deulofeu, Barkley, Coleman, Funes Mori, Browning, Galloway.

Wanna to keep but they don't care as long as Martinez is here: Stones, Lukaku, Mirallas.

Don't know: Cleverley, McCarthy.

Sell: McGeady, Kone, Niasse(?), Howard (gone).

Release (contract expired):Hibbert, Gibson, Osman, Pienaar.

No, they are objectively our best squad for a generation.

We have two England international centre-halves, so they're not just rated by Everton fans. Similarly, we have a striker who has a world elite level of scoring stats, a creative midfielder who literally everyone raves about, and two full backs who were the envy of the league for the best part of a decade.

No, we haven't overrated them. This is the best squad we've had since the 80s, regardless of what clueless Carragher says as he stuck his bitter knife in last night. The problem is the management of them.
Coleman envy of the league for a decade? Maybe 3 or 4 years, has always been poor defensively.

Baines been crap since the end of bainaar, and after a few injuries

Ross is capable of the spectacular but also sheer anonymity

It is a good squad. They are good players. How many times this season have we had a fully fit squad?

We have had FOURTEEN hamstring injuries alone since the start of pre-season. That is chronic mismanagement. There is something fundamentally wrong.

See - Coventry City October 94. 0-2 after about 15 mins in one of the most horrific games I have ever seen at Gooodison and I have seen countless, useless matches. Parkinson, Rideout, Horne, Stuart... like the worst players to ever pull on our shirt.
One month later - Everton 2 Liverpool 0. New manager, new system, new belief. Those 4 mentioned above, pivotal in a brilliant 2 year period.

Liverpool where utter garbage at Goodison this season and we should have won comfortably. -- New manager, new system, new belief.
In this day and age of 24/7 sports coverage I am amazed at how little emphasis is given to coaching, managerial responsibilities and tactics.
The players are to blame is lazy journalism.

You only have to look as far as Liverpool themselves.

Klopp arrives, their fans "The squad is crap we need a complete overhaul"

Now they love every single one of their players and are saying they only need 2-3 in the summer.

Carragher is a prize bell.

I think 5/6 years ago we were 1 player maybe 2 (Lukaku & a top GK) short of a top 4 side in an era where the top 4 were regularly reaching the later stages of the Champions league.

Now I think we are about 5/6 players short

No, they are objectively our best squad for a generation.

We have two England international centre-halves, so they're not just rated by Everton fans. Similarly, we have a striker who has a world elite level of scoring stats, a creative midfielder who literally everyone raves about, and two full backs who were the envy of the league for the best part of a decade.

No, we haven't overrated them. This is the best squad we've had since the 80s, regardless of what clueless Carragher says as he stuck his bitter knife in last night. The problem is the management of them.

It's the best set of players mate, NOT the best squad, a huge difference to that

What Baines said 100%, with no Chemistry and no cohesion in a team all it can ever hope to be is some talented players looking utterly lost on a pitch, which is exactly what we are right now.

Ive highlighted this in 2 threads on the squad.

CB - Stones/Mori
DM -- Besic/McCarthy
RW -- Deulofeu
ACM -- Barkley
CF -- Lukaku

The rest i'm not bothered about but we need to keep those 7 players + Galloway/Connolly/Kenny etc being brought through at full back ready for next season + Ledson/Walsh etc being assessed in the summer.

I'd have a huge clearout starting with:
Howard
hibbert
osman
gibson
pienaar

kone
mirallas
mcgeady
mcaleny

Baines/Oviedo/Garbutt can all be sold as well unless they are happy to be squad players.

The 6 players i hav ehighlighted have al either already agreed a move for the summer or have only till the end of the season on their contracts mate
Think Kone has one year left - will be hard to shift him though - maybe a championship loan to see his contract out would be the best option
Mcgeady has i think 3 left - similarly will be hard to shift him as well, have to hope some idiot will take a punt on him or else just loan him for anyone willing to pay some of his wages
Mirallas has 2 or 3 left - can easily be shiftd but probably for a lot less money that what he 'should' be worth

Would also add Naisse into that list - right now we may be able to recoup a % of what we paid - maybe 5-6m or so if we can seell him to Turkey, if we keep him and he is as bad as everyone is starting to guess at, then we will end up eating a 14m loss and have him stuck on the books drawing his wages

Shift Baines up into that first 11 sqaud though mate, cos can guarantee any top class manager arriving will instantly have him into their starting 11 week in week out, don't judge any player we have currently on their form under this car crash of a manager

Status
Not open for further replies.