Best prem X1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Van Dijk’s 3rd season with them, mate. And to get to 2 CL finals in 2 years, with their defence as bad as it was before him, it’s not a reactionary decision based on one year.

Vidic made plenty of errors leading to goals, not just with Torres. For me, he benefitted from being part of a strong unit under Ferguson. Very good defender, don’t get me wrong. Just not as good as Van Dijk, Terry or Adams for me who are out on their own.

Salah has one of the best (if not, the best) goals per minute ratio of any player in Premier League history. You’d struggle not to include him, in my opinion. Insane goal return for a wide player.

Rooney is only the record goalscorer because he played so many games here and spent most of his career in the Premier League. In reality, he was never a goalscorer, I don’t think he’s even in the top 20 PL strikers in terms of goals per minutes.

Across 16 seasons in this country, he only managed more than 20 goals in all competitions THREE times. That’s appalling when you compare them alongside Kane, Aguero, Henry, Van Nistelrooy, and Salah numbers.

Very good, reliable player with incredible energy who was part of a great United team but nowhere near creative or clinical enough to be considered in the top 5 PL strikers of all time, probably not even the top 10.

Well ye technically it is his 3rd season but in reality he's obly been there 18 months. Done amazing to get to 2 champions league finals tbf but he's won nothing domesticly and this is the best prem 11 not ucl best11 I suppose

Salah again the same can't put someone in who's never won the league compared to people like Rooney aguero who scored constantly for 8+ years and won the league over and over again, also just my opinion ( probably biased as I obviously have Liverpool) but salah is a fat track bully scores against all the lower teams and goes missing on the big games

His record last season in the big games was pretty poor

Rooney was so much more than a goalscorer mate, he was all round world class for a number of years

Well ye technically it is his 3rd season but in reality he's obly been there 18 months. Done amazing to get to 2 champions league finals tbf but he's won nothing domesticly and this is the best prem 11 not ucl best11 I suppose

Salah again the same can't put someone in who's never won the league compared to people like Rooney aguero who scored constantly for 8+ years and won the league over and over again, also just my opinion ( probably biased as I obviously have Liverpool) but salah is a fat track bully scores against all the lower teams and goes missing on the big games

His record last season in the big games was pretty poor

Yeah, each to their own mate. For me, you can't judge a player based solely on what they've won. Plenty of average players won lot's of medals and plenty of top players didn't win the big things. Football is a team game at the end of the day, so it's difficult to penalise the likes of Ronaldo, Cannavaro, Buffon, Batistuta, Shearer, Gerrard, Totti, Zlatan, Thuram, Vieira etc who didn't win it all.

I'm not sure you could level the 'doesn't perform in the big games' thing at Salah .He always seems to score in the big games. He's scored against Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Spurs and us in the league. There's only United he hasn't scored against in the last 2 years. He's also scored in Champions League quarters, semi's and the final.

Yeah, not arguing that he wasn't World Class when he was at his peak and wasn't an excellent all-rounder. Just that he wouldn't make the grade in my all time XI and, because he wasn't as creative or clinical as others over the last 30 years, he wouldn't get in many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.