Best away atmosphere you've ever been to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's definitely up there unbelievable support that night .also the 3 nil win at man Utd in the league cup and the fa cup quarter final at old Trafford when Stapleton scored late on
Dont know how true it was but at the time the support was supposed to be the largest away backing seen at OT,we got a load of tickets for free off a tout for the Stretford end a few managed to get in and the rest were rounded up and made to go in the scoreboard,the league cup game was madness before and after

Dont know how true it was but at the time the support was supposed to be the largest away backing seen at OT,we got a load of tickets for free off a tout for the Stretford end a few managed to get in and the rest were rounded up and made to go in the scoreboard,the league cup game was madness before and after
The league cup game was definitely scarey afterwards me and my dad and uncle had tickets for the paddock that night and trying to keep my uncle from mouthing was a job and a half

A long Everton tradition of big turn-outs at Old Trafford, Jaycee.

Gowan Snr has long said that the largest blue contingent he recalls for an away was in the FA Cup there in 1957. The brilliant Duncan Edwards scored the winner:

And take a look at the reaction at the Scoreboard End to Joe Royle's winner in the same competition in early 1969:

A long Everton tradition of big turn-outs at Old Trafford, Jaycee.

Gowan Snr has long said that the largest blue contingent he recalls for an away was in the FA Cup there in 1957. The brilliant Duncan Edwards scored the winner:

And take a look at the reaction at the Scoreboard End to Joe Royle's winner in the same competition in early 1969:

I remember my dad recalling a tale of Oldham in the then 2nd division,when we got promoted,he said there were bkues who broke into a nearby builders yard pinched the ladders and used them to gain access to various parts of the ground including a couple of priests wearing Everton rosettes lol

Bolton - Lescott got the winner late on; Pienaars first start in a Blue shirt!!! I stayed in White’s hotel that is part of the away end that night - we got smashed that night!!!

Haha yeah we got smashed that day too, I remember the platform of the train station full of blues after he game just singing for about half an hour before the train came. Lescott scored the winner right in front of us in the away end. Good times

An away spanking at Maine Road when Joe Royle was their manager (think we lost 5-0?) - was raining its charlies off all game, no cover for the away fans, lots of young lids working together like middle management types on an outward bound team building exercise, helping each other knock up joints in the downpour. I'd just come back from a year backpacking, great day out and cracking atmosphere despite the weather and the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.