2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he was duff against United, we set up to play for penalties and he’s not Richarlison, he’s a good footballer. He was poor last season but was struggling mentally. He was superb at times 1st season and can do a job in a team playing with confidence. United have used Mata this season with effect and he is past his best and we can use bernard similarly.

Inappropriate Language
Thays exactly what subs should do, they should influence the game when they come in and make a difference.

Better performance tonight
For me heabstill utter [Poor language removed]... sorry few little touches doesn't do it for me. Still too little weight and against better teams hes ineffective... sell (or give away as soon as please) either way just get shut

For me heabstill utter [Poor language removed]... sorry few little touches doesn't do it for me. Still too little weight and against better teams hes ineffective... sell (or give away as soon as please) either way just get shut

I agree he should be sold mate, no arguments from me that he didn't do enough.

But tonight, came on as a sub and affected the game

Bernies strength lies in the fact that unlike so many others in this team he is able to control the ball quickly, find space (usually with a tidy bit of skill) and then pass it on without losing possession, often creating a better opportunity for someone else in the process.

It wasn't just going forward yesterday where this was so effective either he also did it from defensive areas as well which was vital in that we were able to get the ball out of tricky positions without losing it to the opposition which is what often happens.

We should not be selling/dropping a player like Bernard in a team that is often bereft of creativity going forward. When he gets more game time and confidence he will continue to improve IMO.

Against a resilient Sheffield United, Bernard was the answer. He provided us with something different and caused their defence plenty of problems. Also, the lad didn't shirk his defensive responsibilities either and got back to help out on a number of occasions. Top performance.

cant get rid of soon enough

taking up the space of a proper footballer

he is a proper footballer tho ... he wouldn’t be playing in this league or have any caps for Brazil if he wasn’t technically excellent. To play that level at 5”5 and about 60kg you have to be excellent with the ball. Out of everyone in our squad only him and James would have laid that off the way he did. Everyone else would have been jumping and heading it up in the air and hoping for it to drop or trying to blast a volley while being off balance and it go over the bar. Not saying he’s going to be a success in this league but he is excellent technically and has a low centre of gravity which means he can turn like a house fly. Against top defenders that are big and know how to use it he will struggle. Fortunately this league has a lot of crap teams and full backs in it so he should definitely get used more against the weaker sides or in games that we are struggling to break down stubborn relagation fodder

Status
Not open for further replies.