2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
That through ball yesterday to Rich for our second goal was top class. I’ve seen Iwobi and Gomes play a similar ball or two from central positions and suspect James could play it all day, but the list stops there really. One of very few players we have who has the skill and vision to completely open teams up.

If we play a 4-4-2 he could well take that LM spot. Would probably prefer Gordon to take it though.

No, I think he is a class player.....

Just watched the 2nd half and I thought he was superb really. I was very dissappointed with him during lockdown but at times befre that he looked very good.

To me he realy suits playing in a midfield 3. The flexibility it offers etc. We have struggled with it before, but I do wonder wth greater dynamic in the middle, and quality in wide areas it could work.

He certainly looked far happier in the half and half role, of between a left sided player, a 10 and an 8. He may just be a flat track bully against a championship team, but I thought he was really good yesterday. We scored 2, but had 2 chalked off, an open goal missed and one cleared off the line, in addition to other chances. I know they had a couple of moment too, but it could have easily been 6 or 7- 1 yesterday.

I know it's only Preston, but seeing Newcastle and West Ham losing to championship teams, and really a 2nd string hammer a championship team gives me room for optimism.

Bernard would be better suited playing in a team who keeps the ball better than we do.

For the past few years we have relied on a few moments of magic and a counter attack, Bernard isn't good at this, he is not fast or dynamic enough. What he does have is a great touch and good vision. If he was surrounded by a team who keeps the ball well and is spraying quick passes everywhere where he is actually involved in the game more than once every blue moon he would probably be boss.

That could happen this season, who knows?

He bossed that game. Spurs simply had no answer to limpar. On his day he was a genuine world class player. As much as i adore joe royle i thought he wasted the opportunity of having two brilliant wingers at his disposal. He benched limpar to often for me. When you have limpar and kanchelskis available play them to death. How many times did limpar feed kanchelkis when he had the chance.
Its crazy to think we had so much talent out wide back then and imo didnt milk it.

It was weird, Royle said he loved Limpar and then stopped playing him soon after before shipping him off to Birmingham for buttons.

He didn't play that often for us (60 odd games) and weirdly him and Kanchelskis only played in the same side a handful of times.

It was weird, Royle said he loved Limpar and then stopped playing him soon after before shipping him off to Birmingham for buttons.

He didn't play that often for us (60 odd games) and weirdly him and Kanchelskis only played in the same side a handful of times.

It was criminal from joe. Imagine now having that quality on both wings. I know he liked a grafter but he could have got so much more from limpar. And you're right it was weird. As limpar showed up so many times in big games for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.