2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bernard were to be sold, the club could pretty much recoup what he's been paid (£13m app.) since he arrived, or at least a good chunk of it (I think he's valued at around £10m-£15m), plus save paying him £13m or so for the remaining two years of his contract, which would leave us not having taken a large financial hit. I like Bernard but I have to concede that maybe it would be better to sell the guy, move on, and put his move down to a gamble that didn't really pay off.

Bernard and Mina are the two who earn the most at Everton. Bernard is not good enough and contributes minimally. Mina is mostly injuried, and one can argue that he is not really that much better than JB - who gets paid in peanuts. This is obviously a problem, and is a problem that Brands must solve during the summer. It will probably not be easy, because I think there are few clubs that are willing to give Bernard the salary he has at Everton.

Bernard and Mina are the two who earn the most at Everton. Bernard is not good enough and contributes minimally. Mina is mostly injuried, and one can argue that he is not really that much better than JB - who gets paid in peanuts. This is obviously a problem, and is a problem that Brands must solve during the summer. It will probably not be easy, because I think there are few clubs that are willing to give Bernard the salary he has at Everton.
These two should be sold, proberbly nice guys but neither would be missed and we could get decent money on them.

I’d say there will be none.

So little Bernard ain’t going anywhere.

Love watching players with real ability and this fella has it in bucketloads,unfortunately it is so fleeting in games,he never really leaves his mark in a game the way he should and often lets himself down in the final third, just hasn't really adjusted to the physicality of the game over here and it's been two seasons now, seems a smashing guy but if we can we really should cut our losses.

I think he can be a good squad player but would not mind him leaving. Either way is fine, we have players that are bigger concerns.

....for such a talented footballer he’s been really out of sorts since return from Lockdown.

The possible issue with selling him is whether he’s willing to leave. He will get 10% of the fee but I can’t see any club matching his salary.
I think it’s possible if someone comes in and offers him a 4-5 year deal or something . He’s 27 and may want to ensure his long term future now, with only 2 years remaining on his current deal.

If he's on it he is very good such a crafty player, But he rarely is and that's the problem specially when he's supposed to be on a decent wedge too.
He would be good in Italy imo, Would 100% put him in the shop window.
He’d be ok in the Ukraine league, which is exactly where we bought him from. He’s miles away from making it in Italy. We’ve been that starved of any decent players that as soon as fans saw a cruyff turn and a back heel, some thought we’d signed Ronaldinho. He never did anything in the big moments apart from fall over but he smiled and dropped a ball on a sixpence on the halfway line and fans were hoodwinked.

Brands caused the problem in the first place.....

We'll solve it by giving everyone else 5 year extensions and raises

Status
Not open for further replies.