2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying really hard to suppress a nagging suspicion for a while now that one of my favourite players in terms of first touch and skill, is a fanny. Please Bernie prove me wrong

I feel that if we had a pacey player on the other side of the field offering a different challenge we might have seen more of Bernard.
He is a tricky clever player but is neither fast or strong.

Yesterday, I think the manager picked the wrong team.

At home, off the left I love him. Genuinely.

Yesterday though I thought it was absolutely abysmal, the effort he put in.

He looked like he was sulking. The lack of energy when chasing back in the build up to the first goal was so so poor. Seemed to have a few pops at Carlo too.

Evertonians love Bernard. He can do no wrong. Nice touches here and there, odd turn and swivel and we’re all drooling over him. He’s left out of the team and people are questioning ancelotti.

fact is he contributes very little. Doesn’t assist much and doesn’t score often. He’s way to light weight and offers nothing in defensive cover.

Evertonians love Bernard. He can do no wrong. Nice touches here and there, odd turn and swivel and we’re all drooling over him. He’s left out of the team and people are questioning ancelotti.

fact is he contributes very little. Doesn’t assist much and doesn’t score often. He’s way to light weight and offers nothing in defensive cover.
Bernard is like Mina, fans like them but they like the person, but when it comes to playing football they offer little.

Scores and assists more than Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Bernard is like Mina, fans like them but they like the person, but when it comes to playing football they offer little.
Mina clearly offers more than Bernard. Giroud wouldn't have dominated Mina like he did Keane.

Anyway glad to see people coming around on this one. You can like watching him all you want, but we are going nowhere if he's our best option on the wings.

Bernard is a hit on offence, but a bit of a miss on defence. He has the ability to win a match, but he can also be the reason for a loss.

Serious question, Bob,

Having said all that about little Bernard, would you rather see him wide left in midfield than Iceland?

I know I certainly would.

Status
Not open for further replies.