2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's crazy right? Attacking players don't need goals or assists to make them good. David Silva, Eriksen, Mahrez et al, their tonnes of assists mean nothing...
Did you ever watch Pienaar? He was one of our most important players and didn’t get that many goals or assists. His ability to receive the ball in tight spaces, relieve pressure and keep possession was invaluable to us. He often got the ‘assist for the assist’ and his ability brought the best out of Baines.

Have you actually watched Bernard play and see what he offers to the team?

It would be nice if he did weigh in with more goals and assists but he’s far from the problem here, but you yanks seem to be obsessed with him and the numbers and no matter how many times you’re told by more experienced football fans you still bring up the same things over and over.

Did you ever watch Pienaar? He was one of our most important players and didn’t get that many goals or assists. His ability to receive the ball in tight spaces, relieve pressure and keep possession was invaluable to us. He often got the ‘assist for the assist’ and his ability brought the best out of Baines.

Have you actually watched Bernard play and see what he offers to the team?

It would be nice if he did weigh in with more goals and assists but he’s far from the problem here, but you yanks seem to be obsessed with him and the numbers and no matter how many times you’re told by more experienced football fans you still bring up the same things over and over.
Coming over here, stealing our jobs, bringing up stats...

I know it's crazy right? Attacking players don't need goals or assists to make them good. David Silva, Eriksen, Mahrez et al, their tonnes of assists mean nothing...

Widely regarded as one of the best in the world and hasn't managed over 3 goals or 6 assists in a season...

I'll say one thing about Bernie, he is the sweatiest player at the club. Looks like he's been through hell by the 60 min mark.

He's just a lovely player, I actually would like him to come round for dinner and be my mate. He's just someone who looks like he wants to give you a cuddle.
I thought it was brilliant recently, we had a home game, can't remember who it was, but all the players as they came out took a mascot with them, but Bernard didn't, the mascot just took Bernards hand and walked him on to the pitch

Imagine boiling the beautiful game down to a set of raw data on a spreadsheet. I'm glad I'm not part of the FIFA generation and can enjoy watching gifted players play the sport I love.

Yeah, weird how people use stats as ways to measure players, isn't it mate?.

??????
They've got 2 goals between them?

7 assists in a season isn’t great for an attacking midfielder that plays every game and takes every set piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.