2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it ok if I'm both excited when he gets the ball, like I actually move to the edge of my seat as he cuts inside, and also don't think he's anything more than average? Is there room for me in the football world?

He is capable of doing great things, and he definitely has the element of excitement, his touch can be sublime and he seems to see things slowly like the best players do. But then, he will be clear through and fall over the ball unchallenged or completely mishit a pass/shot that makes you wonder which player will turn up.

I generally thing he is going to be a good squad player, but I can't see him ever being the main man to rely on.

I still like him though, and he seems like a great guy and a good positive character to have in the squad.

Is it ok if I'm both excited when he gets the ball, like I actually move to the edge of my seat as he cuts inside, and also don't think he's anything more than average? Is there room for me in the football world?
At least your bottom recognises something special when it moves on your seat!

Enjoy him. I think he's magic. I hope he carries on like Saturday and gets a few more admirers.

Funny reading 30 pages back, he was a luxury player at best then
He's had one good 55 mins against Brighton at home. Can't remember the last one before that. Lets just wait and see hey.....He's one game away from being heckled again, if he plays, is through one on one and then falls over the ball.
This lad needs to string some games together, like so many others in our side, Richarlison aside. Gomes and Bernard are so similar. Gomes has had far more good games than Bernard and when he has he looks a world beater. But the other say 50 - 60% of the time he's poor. Both players have good ball control and are comfortable with the ball at their feet. The top players who make it at the top clubs have good games 75% of the time and the other 25% still at a base level which still contributes to the team. That's the difference between average and good players. Good players play well more often. Tom Davies can play well even. Tom Davies is capable of nutmegging someone and burying a shot. His first touch can be good and I've seen him play excellent through balls. He's a professional footballer at the end of the day! However, he's at a level where you will see it one game in ten because he's not as capable. Bernard has a load of ability and a first touch to die for. However, I need to see consistency before I start calling him a good player.

He's had one good 55 mins against Brighton at home. Can't remember the last one before that. Lets just wait and see hey.....He's one game away from being heckled again, if he plays, is through one on one and then falls over the ball.
This lad needs to string some games together, like so many others in our side, Richarlison aside. Gomes and Bernard are so similar. Gomes has had far more good games than Bernard and when he has he looks a world beater. But the other say 50 - 60% of the time he's poor. Both players have good ball control and are comfortable with the ball at their feet. The top players who make it at the top clubs have good games 75% of the time and the other 25% still at a base level which still contributes to the team. That's the difference between average and good players. Good players play well more often. Tom Davies can play well even. Tom Davies is capable of nutmegging someone and burying a shot. His first touch can be good and I've seen him play excellent through balls. He's a professional footballer at the end of the day! However, he's at a level where you will see it one game in ten because he's not as capable. Bernard has a load of ability and a first touch to die for. However, I need to see consistency before I start calling him a good player.

Right

Basically this. All our players are deemed hero to zero at the kick of a ball, it’s hilarious to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.