2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don’t think we play 4-2-3-1 every week? You don’t think we struggle at set plays every week? You don’t think we look slow and pedestrian? Predictable?
We've amended the formation in recent weeks. Even if it looks like 4-2-3-1 on a graphic, the way we've actually set up has changed. Struggling at set pieces isn't a tactic I don't think. If it is, we should definitely sack him. He has changed the way we defend set pieces though, there's been a clear shift over the last 4/5 games.

It's genuinely weird that you haven't noticed the players changing though. Virtually every player in the senior squad has been given a decent crack already. Some of them are massive calls too, dropping Coleman and Keane is the sort of thing that can be make or break for a manager, but fair play he had the guts to do it.

Back on topic, Bernard would go some way to making less slow and pedestrian, he makes the team a much more cohesive unit.

Marco Silva says Everton will assess the fitness levels of Bernard and Fabian Delph ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash against Norwich City at Goodison Park (3pm).

Brazilian winger Bernard has been sidelined since suffering a knee injury in the Blues' game at Brighton & Hove Albion on 26 October.
England international Delph, meanwhile, missed Everton’s 2-1 victory at Southampton last time out with a hamstring problem.

“Let’s see if they will be available for the next match or not,” Silva told evertontv.
“They are still in doubt. Bernard started to work with the team but in the first days of the week not full sessions.

“He is getting his minutes and his time in the training session, each day he is doing a little bit more. Let’s see how he will react every day.
“Fabian Delph is more or less the same thing.

“We want is to get them better and ready as fast as we can, we are coming into a really tough period for us and we already have some long-term injuries, so it is really important to have the others in good conditions.”

Silva also provided an update on midfielder Andre Gomes, who is continuing his rehabilitation after undergoing ankle surgery.
Silva says Gomes’ strong character and personality will ensure he remains an important figure for Everton off the pitch during his recovery.

The manager also reinforced the Club will offer the 26-year-old unstinting support as he battles back to full fitness.
“He has been with us since last Monday, here at Finch Farm,” Silva said.
“Every time he can see his teammates it is important for him.

“Now is the moment to be patient with him and give him support. Try to always give him good feedback and the support he needs.
“He is already at a different stage of his rehabilitation. With our medical staff and rehabilitation people, he will take care of himself.
“In the meantime, he is always with us. Not just on the pitch or at Finch Farm, but the support he is giving his teammates.”

We've amended the formation in recent weeks. Even if it looks like 4-2-3-1 on a graphic, the way we've actually set up has changed. Struggling at set pieces isn't a tactic I don't think. If it is, we should definitely sack him. He has changed the way we defend set pieces though, there's been a clear shift over the last 4/5 games.

It's genuinely weird that you haven't noticed the players changing though. Virtually every player in the senior squad has been given a decent crack already. Some of them are massive calls too, dropping Coleman and Keane is the sort of thing that can be make or break for a manager, but fair play he had the guts to do it.

Back on topic, Bernard would go some way to making less slow and pedestrian, he makes the team a much more cohesive unit.

A lot of the changes have been forced through injuries or suspensions Delph , Coleman , Gomes, Bernard are all forced but you’re right regarding sidibe as he’s now keeping Coleman out. The fact these changes were available yet not used until forced is a worry for me. It’s a shame about Bernard because he had started the season well and I do like watching players like him.

Steven has previous for attacking others with insults. He used to try it on with me on Kipper years back but I would dodge his jabs before landing a haymaker right on the chin everytime.
Well it weren’t warranted said my piece and he run off with his tail between his legs. I don’t want to fall out with anyone.

....Delph’s continuing hamstring problems are a concern, it’s difficult to see things improving.
I don't think he was fit when he came and wasn't expecting to get game time in the league until Gbamin injured and had been patched up between games since.

I don't think he was fit when he came and wasn't expecting to get game time in the league until Gbamin injured and had been patched up between games since.

....poor record with injuries at City and I recall him having hamstring problems for England. Once they start popping they tend to continue popping. Regardless, this is the Bernard thread and it’ll be good to have him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.