2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great player, very much like Juninho though the one area he has to improve is his goal tally.

Having said that, 2 this season so far...if he can get 10 or close to that number i think we'll all be delighted.

I like him, but he isn't a patch on Juninho. I mean, he's small and Brazilian, that's about it.

I think its a fair comparison.

We forget that whilst he certainly caught the eye, he wasnt a prolific scorer.

Little Bernie has the same magic in his boots.

I like Bernard, I like him in the team, I like his character, his work ethic, and some of the things he does are great.

But Juninho was something else. He would dictate the play and make things happen. I watched him destroy us on a couple of occasions, we couldn't get near him. The fact he only played for Boro over here is 1 of the most baffling things that's happened in the Premier league. If he had played for a better team, he'd be ranked up there with the Henry's, the Zolas, the David Silvas for me.

Also, goals return wise, I remember him scoring quite a few tbf, fair few from outside the box but a few headers as well.

Honestly, if Bernard ends up being half the player Juninho was, he will be awesome, but he's got some way to go to even get to there if you ask me.

Obviously needs to score more but how people can't rate this fella is beyond me. With the ball at his feet he is very good. Has the same quick feet that Pienaar had.

Pienaar didn't score either

Exactly mate and yet Baines/PIenaar was probably the most productive parntership I have seen in my lifetime as an Evertonian.

Regardless of size, defenders dont like going up against players with quick feet. He has the brain and the quick feet. some games wont be for him but most will, where we actually play some football.

The owner of the club comes down to tell you how good you are and places a slacker on your head.

How doesn’t that inspire you? However awkward your interpretation that’s passion I wish 1% of our team had tbh
I thought Kenwright was restrained.

NEA, I'd have taken the sexy little Brazilian right there in front of the cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.