2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernard wouldn't even start for the USA.

Ok that's a lie but you guys will enjoy Pulisic this year. He isn't Hazard but he's got dribbling ability unlike any American player I've seen.
Not quite sure why anyone on here would enjoy someone someone playing well for that, horrible club, hope he has a mare.

On topic, Bernard is boss.

Bernard wouldn't even start for the USA.

Ok that's a lie but you guys will enjoy Pulisic this year. He isn't Hazard but he's got dribbling ability unlike any American player I've seen.
You must've missed Preki, then.

Bernard is obviously not as good as Pulisic, but he's a good player. But hey, if Iwobi is going to come in here and be better, that's a GOOD thing. It's not going to relegate Bernard into some anonymous role. Competition brings out the best of everyone.

Bernard is obviously not as good as Pulisic, but he's a good player. But hey, if Iwobi is going to come in here and be better, that's a GOOD thing. It's not going to relegate Bernard into some anonymous role. Competition brings out the best of everyone.

Hope Sig is up for that.

Hope Sig is up for that.
He should be. But if you think Bernard is going to suddenly turn into a central midfielder when he's played all of 22 minutes there since he moved from Brazil you are mistaken. Iwobi, yes. Even Gomes with Delph/Gbamin behind him, although Siggy could play forward.

That being said, the more likely scenario is Iwobi on the left, Siggy in the middle, and Bernard on the bench.

I'm too young for Preki haha. Donovan is the only one even close to Pulisic that I've seen but he didn't have the ability to beat players at will.

Anyway to stay on topic, I agree we need competition at every position and we actually do have that to some degree except at CB. That's definitely a positive. I expect Iwobi to take the initiative but Bernard like DCL will have a few weeks to make the spot his.

He should be. But if you think Bernard is going to suddenly turn into a central midfielder when he's played all of 22 minutes there since he moved from Brazil you are mistaken. Iwobi, yes. Even Gomes with Delph/Gbamin behind him, although Siggy could play forward.

That being said, the more likely scenario is Iwobi on the left, Siggy in the middle, and Bernard on the bench.

Sig does play forward though, he's not a cm.
My point was that Bernard or Iwobi could be tried there and they might do well.

I'm too young for Preki haha. Donovan is the only one even close to Pulisic that I've seen but he didn't have the ability to beat players at will.

Anyway to stay on topic, I agree we need competition at every position and we actually do have that to some degree except at CB. That's definitely a positive. I expect Iwobi to take the initiative but Bernard like DCL will have a few weeks to make the spot his.
There's a reason why we have a specific dribble called the full and half Preki. Played for Everton, too.

Sig does play forward though, he's not a cm.
My point was that Bernard or Iwobi could be tried there and they might do well.
Yeah, I meant the 10. Siggy could play CM, he has with Iceland, but yes, Iwobi will push him you'd think. Let the best players win. These are definitely good problems to have, finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.