2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, do getting a return on a purchase doesn’t mean anything unless a team is better?
I support Everton Football Club not Everton the business entity so yes I'm really not to worried about making money on a player if we turn around and put that money into new players who don't make us any better.

Was Rom leaving a good deal? We made a lot of money but have we ever played better than his last season?

I support Everton Football Club not Everton the business entity so yes I'm really not to worried about making money on a player if we turn around and put that money into new players who don't make us any better.

Was Rom leaving a good deal? We made a lot of money but have we ever played better than his last season?

£90m for a player desperate to leave us? Yes it was a good deal.

How you can’t say the Lookman sale was a good deal makes me question if you support Everton or just specific players.

£90m for a player desperate to leave us? Yes it was a good deal.

How you can’t say the Lookman sale was a good deal makes me question if you support Everton or just specific players.
I would rather watch our young players have a chance to develop than sell them on even if we make money.

I'd be disappointed if we sold Kean or DCL or Gordon or any of them right now and I'd be doubly disappointed if doing it and buying new players took us to 12th the next year.

I would rather watch our young players have a chance to develop than sell them on even if we make money.

I'd be disappointed if we sold Kean or DCL or Gordon or any of them right now and I'd be doubly disappointed if doing it and buying new players took us to 12th the next year.

But DCL, Kean and Gordon are actually showing promise... Lookman didn’t and was rightfully sold for a tidy profit.

Just get over it now it was almost a year ago.

But DCL, Kean and Gordon are actually showing promise... Lookman didn’t and was rightfully sold for a tidy profit.

Just get over it now it was almost a year ago.
How's that Cunha doing? Sometimes players just need a chance...

I can't even remember what started this. I think it was me saying that Bernard should be punted off to which ever PL also ran would take him. Which is true regardless of what anyone thinks of Lookman.

How's that Cunha doing? Sometimes players just need a chance...

I can't even remember what started this. I think it was me saying that Bernard should be punted off to which ever PL also ran would take him. Which is true regardless of what anyone thinks of Lookman.

He was sold to Hertha after falling down the pecking order as is the way in progressive clubs.

No it started when you didn’t think we should be pleased with the Lookman deal like the weird fanboy you are.

He was sold to Hertha after falling down the pecking order as is the way in progressive clubs.

No it started when you didn’t think we should be pleased with the Lookman deal like the weird fanboy you are.
Which started because mikeh in his usual pointless way brought up Lookman when I said Bernard should be sold

The last posts seem to centre around profit, wages and FFP. And discussing if players were good deals judged on how much they cost and what we sell them for. This is all of importance don’t get me wrong, but should always be secondary to what the players have done on the pitch. Lookman never did anything, maybe two decent appearances. Bernard only a few more really in a decent space of time now. Just not consistent enough and fluffs it too often when in really good positions. We need better to get to the top 6. King Carlo is hailed, quite rightly, by all our fans but it’s clear he doesn’t think he’s any good either. He’s started him twice? Or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.