2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The reason he's so effective in the middle is because he doesn't start there. He goes inside where his markers out wide can't follow him and he gets space. If he started in the middle it wouldn't be the same.

You didn’t watch him properly, he received the ball plenty of times standing exactly in the middle and runs with the ball ending with through balls. One of them an assist for kean.

Watch his highlight again mate.

I thought he played really well. Yeah, he lost the ball a few times but that´s fine in his position if things are still coming off. Some brilliant link up play with Digne.

Yes because he's coming from the outside in... not rocket science.

No he didn’t. Watch again mate. He definitely didn’t recieve the ball from or at wide area. He receive at position you would expect siggy to be at.

I’ve counted at least 4 times he receive and start his run from the middle

No he didn’t. Watch again mate. He definitely didn’t recieve the ball from or at wide area. He receive at position you would expect siggy to be at.

I’ve counted at least 4 times he receive and start his run from the middle

I never said he received the ball wide and ran in? I said he, the human being, started out wide.

Look, with the line-ups who has Bernard for Newcastle? Hayden and to a lesser extent Almiron. Now, Bernard starts out wide but drifts inside to collect passes because he knows Hayden cannot follow him inside without leaving Digne 1v1 on Almiron where there's only one winner. Hayden getting stuck in no mans land means Bernard is in the middle between the Longstaff's and the defence in space to do damage.

He does his most effective work in the middle because he doesn't start in the middle.

It's just clever tactics from Ancelotti to expose the cramped middle of Newcastle's formation.

I never said he received the ball wide and ran in? I said he, the human being, started out wide.

Look, with the line-ups who has Bernard for Newcastle? Hayden and to a lesser extent Almiron. Now, Bernard starts out wide but drifts inside to collect passes because he knows Hayden cannot follow him inside without leaving Digne 1v1 on Almiron where there's only one winner. Hayden getting stuck in no mans land means Bernard is in the middle between the Longstaff's and the defence in space to do damage.

He does his most effective work in the middle because he doesn't start in the middle.

It's just clever tactics from Ancelotti to expose the cramped middle of Newcastle's formation.

You don’t get it. The reason why he is effective is because we play the ball forward so much faster it’s difficult for Newcastle to set up a proper defensive shape. Under such circumstances, you would want Bernard to be in the middle to carry the ball because he is very good at vision and through ball execution. If he receive the ball at the right he will end up crossing most of the time because dribbling is not his strongest traits.

You don’t get it. The reason why he is effective is because we play the ball forward so much faster it’s difficult for Newcastle to set up a proper defensive shape. Under such circumstances, you would want Bernard to be in the middle to carry the ball because he is very good at vision and through ball execution. If he receive the ball at the right he will end up crossing most of the time because dribbling is not his strongest traits.

He doesn't even play on the right so you clearly don't get football.

He doesn't even play on the right so you clearly don't get football.

Doesn’t matter left or right mate.

Look at him now, spending majority of the time fixed at the middle without running around much. This is the recurring pattern in his role tonight and he did well.

Status
Not open for further replies.