2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works great with Digne. Has the opposition defender on the back foot constantly. Creates opportunities for others and himself. Needs to improve his finishing. If we brought in a top striker Bernard would look even more impressive than he currently does.

Bernard - Sigurdsson - Richarlison still next season, and replace DCL with as good a striker as we can get.

Usually takes time for players to adjust to the premier league, due to his size and physical appearance it was never going to be an instant hit, but he still showed glimpses.

Let’s hope this decent run of form continues. I’ve no massive problem with him not weighing in with goals if he is making them for others. As mentioned already, Pienaar was hardly prolific and was an exceptional player for us.

He’s absolutely rapid so kinda confuses me why he (and Lookman) don’t sometimes just try and burn past the full-back.

Depends who the full back is really. If it’s someone like Kyle Walker then you’re not gonna have much luck in a foot race and will probably just make it really easy for them to shrug you off and let it go for a goal kick. If it’s a Zabaleta then yeah, it’s worth knocking past him and getting the afterburners going, which he did a couple of times in that game the other week. Bernard seems a player who’s clever enough to know when to use his pace and when not to.

Depends who the full back is really. If it’s someone like Kyle Walker then you’re not gonna have much luck in a foot race and will probably just make it really easy for them to shrug you off and let it go for a goal kick. If it’s a Zabaleta then yeah, it’s worth knocking past him and getting the afterburners going, which he did a couple of times in that game the other week. Bernard seems a player who’s clever enough to know when to use his pace and when not to.

Mustafi yesterday, should have smashed it past him.

Usually takes time for players to adjust to the premier league, due to his size and physical appearance it was never going to be an instant hit, but he still showed glimpses.

Let’s hope this decent run of form continues. I’ve no massive problem with him not weighing in with goals if he is making them for others. As mentioned already, Pienaar was hardly prolific and was an exceptional player for us.
Very exceptional. His ability to bring others into play was amazing. Rated but still grossly underrated in my opinion.

for me our best signing last summer and he was free,the manager just doesn't let him play 90 mins. just needs to add goals to his game

Oh god lads.

Not sure how you've got one over me there. I said he has the talent but lacks the end product. That was true at the time and still is quite a lot now. He's been outscored by Walcott for example whose had a poor season.

Much improved recently though and hope it continues because on his day he is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.