2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

He wouldn't of been on anything like that, we've been awful this season, he only plays when everyone else is good to carry and set him up, as we have seen at United.

We've created enough chances, mate.

Think if Lukaku had been the one rounding De Gea at Old Trafford, or the one stood where DCL was the other day when Bernard crossed. Or the one that got into all of those positions that Walcott has this season, or DCL at Emirates, Gomes at Anfield etc.

We've created enough chances, mate.

Think if Lukaku had been the one rounding De Gea at Old Trafford, or the one stood where DCL was the other day when Bernard crossed. Or the one that got into all of those positions that Walcott has this season, or DCL at Emirates, Gomes at Anfield etc.
How can one 'better' player be expected to get into the positions of 3 or 4 separate players on numerous occasions?

How can one 'better' player be expected to get into the positions of 3 or 4 separate players on numerous occasions?
You put better in inverted commas like he isn't a better player than those mentioned. Aside from Gomes. Probably.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind we would be at least 6 points better off with Rom in the side. It's an irrelevant point in regards to Lukaku but shows we really need a goalscorer in this team.

It's just an example.

If we had Rom - or a striker of his calibre - we'd play through him to an extent so more chances would come his way.

Those low crosses that we flash into the six yard box would be his bread and butter, for example.

You put better in inverted commas like he isn't a better player than those mentioned. Aside from Gomes. Probably.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind we would be at least 6 points better off with Rom in the side. It's an irrelevant point in regards to Lukaku but shows we really need a goalscorer in this team.
Without a doubt. The movement of our attacking players is quite frankly embarrassing. Actually, when Theo made that darting run into the box to score the other week I had to rub my eyes in disbelief. The ball gets flashed across the box often enough, but the likes of DCL, Tosun, Bernard (who I like a lot), Walcott and to an extent even Sigurdsson (great number of goals this season, but movement is poor in the box) just don't get into the positions. Lukaku has proven time and time again that he's a poacher, and that's what we need.

Without a doubt. The movement of our attacking players is quite frankly embarrassing. Actually, when Theo made that darting run into the box to score the other week I had to rub my eyes in disbelief. The ball gets flashed across the box often enough, but the likes of DCL, Tosun, Bernard (who I like a lot), Walcott and to an extent even Sigurdsson (great number of goals this season, but movement is poor in the box) just don't get into the positions. Lukaku has proven time and time again that he's a poacher, and that's what we need.

Walcott's movement is generally excellent, he just hasn't been finishing the chances.

It's why he's in the team though, because none of our other wide players offer that threat consistently enough other than Richarlison, who we seem to need centrally to actually function well as a team.

Walcott's movement is generally excellent, he just hasn't been finishing the chances.

It's why he's in the team though, because none of our other wide players offer that threat consistently enough other than Richarlison, who we seem to need centrally to actually function well as a team.
He creates chances for himself does Theo, but his finishing as you say is poor. Just time and time again I notice the ball coming across from the left and he's nowhere to be seen when he should be moving into the middle. His movement when attacking himself is good and he causes the opposition to play deeper, but the combination of Walcott/Coleman has proven not to work and I hope Silva is looking at replacements as we speak.

No but I have more faith in the official premier league stats than your memory
So you can’t remember any either then?

The problem with stats is they don’t give much detail. If he’s created crap chances that are difficult to score from then they’re not worth as much as good chances are they?

I’m terms of assists I think he’s joint 30th or something alongside about 15 others.

I quite like him but he is inconsistent and he needs more end product if he’s one of our front 3. I wouldn’t mind seeing him a bit deeper in midfield. He could be used a bit like Silva is at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.