2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sig isn’t a number 10

He isn't a 6, either...

You can play it differently with a 3 at the back. In a four there's simply not enough protection there (as showed v Spurs).

Plus, Bernard has never played as a 10, or at least not consistently. He's either played as a winger or an inside forward, which is what he did today.

I just wish he didn’t choke so very often. Does everything well and either slips or miskicks/tackled at the final moment. Two good assists today and hopefully that gives him the confidence to kick on

He takes risks where some of our other players wouldn't, that's why we create more with him in the side.

This, he picked the ball ip centrally a couple of times and drop of the shoulder, little flick etc and we are running at their back 4-5. He’s very fast carrying the ball I like him and he played well yesterday

Good to see the plaudits he’s getting but consistency is key and doing it against the better sides... let’s hope this keeps going...

As I said recently, he has something that has been in short supply here for a long time. Ability. A proper player this boy. Whether he is physical enough for our league, only time will tell.

Very different physical game for him here, and he appears to be settling in well, expect some peaks and troughs, hopefully he plateaus at a peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.