2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was a little bit fitter I'd say it's a no brainer to start him. But I'm not sure if he's got a full 90 minutes in him yet, especially in a relatively tough away game.

I'd be inclined to look to bring him on for impact again. But I don't know his overall fitness.

I would eventually like to see Walcott move into the middle with Bernard and richarlison out wide, Siguurdson supporting through the middle from midfield.

If he was a little bit fitter I'd say it's a no brainer to start him. But I'm not sure if he's got a full 90 minutes in him yet, especially in a relatively tough away game.

I'd be inclined to look to bring him on for impact again. But I don't know his overall fitness.

I would eventually like to see Walcott move into the middle with Bernard and richarlison out wide, Siguurdson supporting through the middle from midfield.
That’s what I want to see. At least until January, anyway, when we get the chance to address our striker and central midfield problems.

Think I'd rather see Richarlison central if we do go that route, for three reasons.

a) I think we need a quick, mobile and physically imposing player in that role

b) Walcott, for me, works well on the right making darting runs into the box - his crosses are also good

c) Bernard is better on the left with the freedom to drift inside

If we did go for that front three, though, then there's no reason why they all couldn't interchange at times.

Think I'd rather see Richarlison central if we do go that route, for three reasons.

a) I think we need a quick, mobile and physically imposing player in that role

b) Walcott, for me, works well on the right making darting runs into the box - his crosses are also good

c) Bernard is better on the left with the freedom to drift inside

If we did go for that front three, though, then there's no reason why they all couldn't interchange at times.
That's the key thing. The positions should be fluid so they pop up in different areas and interchange with one another, like the rs do with their self proclaimed "best front three in der werld".

Status
Not open for further replies.