2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
@neil999 as our resident players property guru, can you confirm or deny, that the Bernard family are looking at houses in the same area of Cheshire, that Pep and his family live in ?

Funny you should mention it, but i just had a call from a 'mrs bernard' this morning, obviously i cant disclose that they are looking to move out of their 'hell hole' by january

A couple of things that also impress me about him are his work rate with and without the ball. But also the fact he doesn't hold onto the ball longer than he needs to, if there is a quick pass on, he plays it. No hesitation, shows that he is the type of player who knows exactly what hes going to do before he even receives the ball. We need more of them.

A couple of things that also impress me about him are his work rate with and without the ball. But also the fact he doesn't hold onto the ball longer than he needs to, if there is a quick pass on, he plays it. No hesitation, shows that he is the type of player who knows exactly what hes going to do before he even receives the ball. We need more of them.

Ahem, we need more strikers to get on the end of his passes and score. Not just DCL and Tosun.

I did like that, but it requires players to be on the same wavelength.

If you look at their goal, Gana wasn't, and then that gave them the chance to break (and nobody - Bernard included - covered themselves in glory defensively at that point).

So it's about doing it at the right time. In the instance for their goal he'd have been better taking it down and calming it down.

When it's Gylfi or Richarlison or Gomes there, you'd like to think that - given they're all more attack-minded than Gana and sharper on the ball - they'd be in a position to take that pass in.

He actually gets out wide. I find that a lot of our wingers over the years don't look for space and their movement was often lackluster. He does all of the things he needs to do off the ball which is refreshing.

Off Topic
He`s a bit like Norris Cole, except he wears full North Face, has hair like Huggy Bear, smokes skunk permanently and holds the world record for the longest wheelie on a mountain bike.

i cant tell you how much this annoys me...so grumpy i am

Status
Not open for further replies.