2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

His good moments have been too far apart for me thus far but he seems to be getting a wee bit more consistent so that's good. Still at some point a player in his position either has to dominate and create constant chances or score goals from time to time. Hopefully that comes at some point.

To be fair there are far worse players than him in the squad. If we ever end up with a decent squad challenging as "best of the rest" he would never get in it. He cost nothing and always tries his best, so what more can we ask until the time comes to get rid.

Sigurdsson has been one of our more effective players though.

Yes & no. No question he creates 2-3 good chances per game (which with better finishing could be winning games), but everything is one touch with him. Flicking it, never holds the ball. He gives the ball away way too often.
His lack of pace is telling. He’s just not a top 6 player.

His good moments have been too far apart for me thus far but he seems to be getting a wee bit more consistent so that's good. Still at some point a player in his position either has to dominate and create constant chances or score goals from time to time. Hopefully that comes at some point.
He does though, we've just got no one to finish them off

What I like about Bernard is his mentality makes up for his weaknesses, he doesn't give up and battles despite being dwarfed by nearly all the other grok players.

Today he did more in ten seconds than Walcott has done in the past three games. Enough to tell me he's comfortable on the right as well as the left. I have absolutely no idea what the two strikers and sigurdsson were doing when he put that ball across. I'd have been furious if I was Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.