2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
...or he won’t be a regular starter.

Still don't think we are actually gonna spend big in any striker to cone in guaranteed to start mate, maybe a loan with an option attached he'd if it works out for a young player etc.

Another forward player is imo way more likely, one who provides a goal threat and the kind of pace only Walcott has in the side atm.

Still don't think we are actually gonna spend big in any striker to cone in guaranteed to start mate, maybe a loan with an option attached he'd if it works out for a young player etc.

Another forward player is imo way more likely, one who provides a goal threat and the kind of pace only Walcott has in the side atm.

..I don’t have a view on Barbosa, plenty think he’s high risk given his failure in Italy but a loan has been rumoured. If somebody like him came in, I could see fluidity in attack with him and Richarlison both comfortable attacking from wide or central.

It’ll be interesting what type we eventually go for but i’m sure pace will be a key requirement.

..I don’t have a view on Barbosa, plenty think he’s high risk given his failure in Italy but a loan has been rumoured. If somebody like him came in, I could see fluidity in attack with him and Richarlison both comfortable attacking from wide or central.

It’ll be interesting what type we eventually go for but i’m sure pace will be a key requirement.

Personally long held the opinion that a behind the scenes deal was struck for Lozano in the summer for either this winter or next summer, based on nothing but a hunch really though. If one deal could be kept quiet it'd be that one due to all parties involved - agent and clubs having a very close relationship.

Well yes mate considering him and Richarlison both play LW. If we had an actual decent centre forward Bernard would be on the bench.
Interesting point
He came here on a bit of a promise I think, big pay and a big role in an exciting new venture, I can’t see him being happy on the bench but as you say if we had a proper cf he would be benched

Personally long held the opinion that a behind the scenes deal was struck for Lozano in the summer for either this winter or next summer, based on nothing but a hunch really though. If one deal could be kept quiet it'd be that one due to all parties involved - agent and clubs having a very close relationship.
I have thought this all along.

If we get the striker we need he drops to the bench when everyone is fit and on form. However thru a season the likelihood is players will get injured or need rested. He can play left, right or central so if he is first back up he will get plenty of starts. As he is sn attacking player he will probably come on as substitute in most the games he's on the bench. We need a player of Bernard standard for this role if we are ever going to challenge right at the top.

If we get the striker we need he drops to the bench when everyone is fit and on form. However thru a season the likelihood is players will get injured or need rested. He can play left, right or central so if he is first back up he will get plenty of starts. As he is sn attacking player he will probably come on as substitute in most the games he's on the bench. We need a player of Bernard standard for this role if we are ever going to challenge right at the top.

If we get the striker we need I’d drop Walcott and put Ricarlison left and Bernard right
He’s a proper footballer , an outlet for the defence that can keep possession in tight spaces and can spot and create a pass that leads to a chance
He also offers more defensively than Walcott
Walcott’s pace coming on with 30 mins left would cause defences problems

If we get the striker we need I’d drop Walcott and put Ricarlison left and Bernard right
He’s a proper footballer , an outlet for the defence that can keep possession in tight spaces and can spot and create a pass that leads to a chance
He also offers more defensively than Walcott
Walcott’s pace coming on with 30 mins left would cause defences problems

I also ideally want a new right sided player as I agree with you on Walcott. I just believe it's more of a squad game now you need 16-18 players of really top quality to keep players on there toes and cover for injuries without the level dropping too much. If the players on the bench are multi positional it allows them more games as they are first choice cover for more than one player.

Give the lad time - he's got obvious quality but it may take a while for us to see it more regularly.

Out of Bernard, Richarlison and Walcott I think the latter is most at risk of losing their place.

I have thought this all along.

Him and brands share the same agent now in Riaola, post world cup where he impressed not one of the even badly speculative papers/sites had any serious story linking him to anyone, had another very good season including some very high profile matches he's played well in during the CL games, again an absolutely golden opportunity for an agent like Riaola to be leaking stories left right and centre.

Again nothing in the media linking him with a move.

Just seems incredibly odd especially given the players marketability and high profile, and thus demand for media stories about him in Latin America, who his agent is etc.

Unless the agent already has the move sorted, and the buyers have agreed not to disrupt the PSV season by announcing ut early, which would suggest a good relationship of respect towards those in charge at PSV.

May be utterly wrong like, but does seem to me anyways a very possible scenario.

If he'd agreed a move to Barca, united, Bayern etc, the buyer would have just announced it as generally the very wealthy clubs just do what they want anyways.

Him and brands share the same agent now in Riaola, post world cup where he impressed not one of the even badly speculative papers/sites had any serious story linking him to anyone, had another very good season including some very high profile matches he's played well in during the CL games, again an absolutely golden opportunity for an agent like Riaola to be leaking stories left right and centre.

Again nothing in the media linking him with a move.

Just seems incredibly odd especially given the players marketability and high profile, and thus demand for media stories about him in Latin America, who his agent is etc.

Unless the agent already has the move sorted, and the buyers have agreed not to disrupt the PSV season by announcing ut early, which would suggest a good relationship of respect towards those in charge at PSV.

May be utterly wrong like, but does seem to me anyways a very possible scenario.

If he'd agreed a move to Barca, united, Bayern etc, the buyer would have just announced it as generally the very wealthy clubs just do what they want anyways.

Or there would at least belinks with him and them but there are none!

Theo/lookman/Niasse/morgs will be gone and the cash will be on Lolzano imo.

Was suppose to be our Silva but plays with Ice cream cornets on his feet.

I was expecting much more in terms of quality on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.