Bernard is a 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying hes not a 10 and calling him a second striker, mans dont even know what a number 10 is.

Number 10s are forwards. I think the player people seem to want is David Silva. But I don't remember him playing tight up top to Agueroooooo.

I just don't get the shouts for a player who scored once all season to play through the middle off the centre forward. We might win the passing but we would win frig all else.

Most teams play someone as a second striker. What people think a number 10 is doesn't exist really anymore. Playmakers sit deeper. They don't play off a forward.

Your #10, second striker, call it what you like, needs to be able to score regularly. That's why it should be Siguurdson. Bernard would be the wrong option because he offers next to no goal threat. The deeper midfielders need to create more too. It's as much their fault as Siguurdson.

If they play a second striker, they normally play one or two creative wide players as the alternative. Like Hazard at Chelsea.

Personally, if Iwobi comes into the team, I'd be playing Richarlison as striker, Iwobi and Bernard out wide and Sigurdsson in the middle. Zaha would have been perfect but Iwobi will do to an extent.

Injuries to Gomes and Delph combined with Schneiderlin’s suspension means a very different midfield on the cards for Watford.

I would leave Gylfi where he is as he nets but wouldn’t be surprised if Bernard is moved central.

I'm certainly in favour of changing a different formation. I think Silva's preferred formation is the 4-3-3. However putting Bernard into the 10 doesn't fundamentally change that problem, it just puts a different member of the team into it.
Yeah tend to agree, Bernard is a wide man or inside forward at best. If anything Iwobi could be tried there if Gylfi needs a rest or rotation, away from home his pace can be useful. Personnally I favour that 433 with a fluid three but we may not see it until we have more midfield power.

Reactions: gmb
But he is a playmaker.

Hes central to everything we do as a team or dont, as per yesterday, he makes us tick.

Nah, he doesn’t.

He plays on fringes of the game looking for opportunities to get a shot off.

To make a team tick he’d have to double the amount of times he gets on the ball.

Pienaar, Barry, arteta, they’re players that made us tick.

Injuries to Gomes and Delph combined with Schneiderlin’s suspension means a very different midfield on the cards for Watford.

I would leave Gylfi where he is as he nets but wouldn’t be surprised if Bernard is tried as a 10.

Gbamin can't play you'd think - nowhere near ready. Leaves us with Tom Davies.

I'm going to assume it'll be Davies and Sigurdsson centre mid. God help us.

Number 10s are forwards. I think the player people seem to want is David Silva. But I don't remember him playing tight up top to Agueroooooo.

I just don't get the shouts for a player who scored once all season to play through the middle off the centre forward. We might win the passing but we would win frig all else.

Imagine little Bernie up against 2 6 foot 4 monsters all game.

If they play a second striker, they normally play one or two creative wide players as the alternative. Like Hazard at Chelsea.

Personally, if Iwobi comes into the team, I'd be playing Richarlison as striker, Iwobi and Bernard out wide and Sigurdsson in the middle. Zaha would have been perfect but Iwobi will do to an extent.

There's options there to do things. I think Kean will mostly play though once we get into the autumn. I think we'll see rotation across the front 4 with iwobi and Bernard rotating and Richarlison Kean and DCL sharing the centre forward role.

We need our midfielders to do much more in possession too. I'd love to be able to drop Siguurdson and find someone with more creativity and dynamism. But we need to score goals and dropping one of our only 2 regular goalscorers isn't going to help.

There's options there to do things. I think Kean will mostly play though once we get into the autumn.

We need our midfielders to do much more in possession too. I'd love to be able to drop Siguurdson and find someone with more creativity and dynamism. But we need to score goals and dropping one of our only 2 regular goalscorers isn't going to help.

Well he's scored five from regular play in 2019. One of which was a last minute consolation goal - beyond that he's scored in three games this calendar year.

I get the point but it's not like we're dropping Dixie Dean to try something different here.

I would leave Gylfi where he is as he nets but wouldn’t be surprised if Bernard is moved central.

Hopefully Gomes is fit. If not I can see Gbamin/Davies behind Gylfi.

I just think if Iceland goes missing, the whole team does.

Not for me.

I’m convinced taking him out the team solves a massive problem in our midfield and players around him improve.

Wouldn’t worry about losing the 13 goals as I think as a team we’d create more chances.

Don’t think we have anyone in that squad to play the number ten anyway so I’d change the system.

If anyone is gonna take the central spot off Gylfi, it'd be Iwobi.

But people need to stop saying Gylfi is played as a 10. He isn't. He's played as a second striker.

Gylfi was crap yesterday, but the fact he's not dropping into midfield isn't on him. Silva wants him to play as a second striker. It means one of our midfielders needs to drive on and plug that gap. They don't do that.
Not sure about that he is always referred to as a ten by the manager and there are games when he does drop deeper and take pot shots. What he doesn't do is dictate the game very often. But then there are times when he lacks options ahead of him. Again this 4231 stuff needs binning.

Well he's scored five from regular play in 2019. One of which was a last minute consolation goal - beyond that he's scored in three games this calendar year.

I get the point but it's not like we're dropping Dixie Dean to try something different here.

But this whole thread is about dropping "Lukaku" for "Tony Hibbert"

Gbamin can't play you'd think - nowhere near ready. Leaves us with Tom Davies.

I'm going to assume it'll be Davies and Sigurdsson centre mid. God help us.
I was basing this on Davies not playing as he just isn’t what we need now. If you ignore him and Delph, Gomes and Schneiderlin are unavailable then how do we set up on Saturday?

You either risk Gbamin again or give TomTom another start just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.