Benfica striker Oscar Cardozo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naaa...no swap.
British players dont have sucess around here, its a very diferent style.
When Souness managed Benfica he brought some, like Mark Pembridge (nice player), Saunders, Michael Thomas (OMG), Brian Dean and few more.
In the end of the season all of them got fired! Dark times for benfica back then.
Cardozo will leave at the end of the season almost for sure, we hope he makes a great World Cup, more money in view.
We recently got 2 other young brazilian stikers, but for me, Fabrizio Miccolo would be my choise.

Naaa...no swap.
British players dont have sucess around here, its a very diferent style.
When Souness managed Benfica he brought some, like Mark Pembridge (nice player), Saunders, Michael Thomas (OMG), Brian Dean and few more.
In the end of the season all of them got fired! Dark times for benfica back then.
Cardozo will leave at the end of the season almost for sure, we hope he makes a great World Cup, more money in view.
We recently got 2 other young brazilian stikers, but for me, Fabrizio Miccolo would be my choise.

Weren't those English players well past their sell by date when they went to Benfica?
Interesting comments though, and good to see you offering imput. ;)

We arent going to sign him. We have Yakubu who I doubt Moyes will let leave. If anything I think he will be one of the next players getting an extension. He wouldnt wait on him for 2 years to get a fee similar to what he probably could have got even when he was injured. Saha has just signed a 2 year deal sadly so he wont be going. We also have Beckford, Silva, Anichabe, Agard and Baxter who will give them two competition.

I have been watching Cardoza play throught out the season and I really rate him. I think he can bring some serious problems to alot of defences in the Premeir League, also we need some big guys in the box besides Fellaini. Wouldnt be a bad buy at all i think.

He's never been up to the promise he once showed.

He's a big lad, who have learn how to head a ball already at Benfica. Still he's not the threat he should be. He's not in the same mould as John Carew.

He's a finisher who misses a lot of sitters. Scored some 7 goals from the spot kick missed something like 4 penalty kicks.

Could be a good signing for the right price. But it seems Benfica are asking 35M€.... They must nuts or hoping some lunatic will come knocking with the money.

Sotnas, who do you expect to leave Sporting this year?

I don't think we'd have a chance with Cardozo, he's already at a similar level club at Benfica (at present) and I'm sure he'd be looking at more attractive options. Although playing in a more competitive League might interest him. But we've got no money, so it's a not going to happen.

Moutinho and Veloso will leave almost for sure.

Daniel Carriço, young center back, is followed by City because of Mancini's appreciation of the lad. He could be the surprise selling this season.

I think that if Moyes is still keen on Moutinho, now is the moment to act. 12 - 15M€ should be enough.

It wouldn't surprise me, he clearly likes him, it all comes down to who we sell really.

What about Veloso, where would you expect him to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.