2023/24 Ben Godfrey

The Godfrey experiment is over for me now. He offers some solidity and recovery pace but the deficiencies on the ball and his startling lack of aerial ability for a guy his size makes him a no for me.

I can see why Dyche brought him back in, the other RB options are crap, he has good physical attributes and there probably is some good will for him to give fringe players a go.

If we play a back 3, his physical attributes are Ideal for the right sided CB role. Other than that, he should only come on now if a defender gets injured or we need another defender to see games out.
Colemans still the best option, and I cant understand when hes been available the last two he hasnt started.

Colemans still the best option, and I cant understand when hes been available the last two he hasnt started.
Definitely, especially against teams in the bottom half, where we need more offensive thread. I think Godfrey the best defensive option, Patterson the best going forward, but him the best balanced.

Brands spending £25m on this fella has to be the worst business in our recent 'istory. Even Toshun and Bolasie scored the odd goal / did something positive.

If we sent him on loan he'll go the same way as Holgate and make a show of himself.

Dont want to be harsh on the boy but since Covid he lost the only positive going for him which was his pace/stamina.

the boy simply cannot defend at this level wherever he plays on the pitch.

A classic Ben Godfrey tackle… but Garner and Onana have to take more responsibility outside of the box. Garnacho should have been stopped one way or another way before he got to Godfrey.

Shows what having someone running with pace at the defence can do. Godfrey deffo not a RB and cannot influence the game at all going forward. Chuck Seamus on for 45 please.